Columbia Transfer 2019

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MSUN5

New

Columbia Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:31 pm

It seemed like it was about that time. I mean, what else are we supposed to do at our summer internships?

School Rank: 30’s
GPA: 3.86
Class Rank: Top 5% (This is the highest rank my school gives. I think I’m actually top 3%.)

2018 thread:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=288657&p=10318802&hilit=Columbia#p10318802

Subplot:
App tracker still shows me as “incomplete,” with transcripts and dean’s cert missing, although my law records office claims they’ve both been sent. Past threads seem to indicate this is more or less a right of passage for Columbia transfer aspirants.

ohladcsc

New

Re: Columbia Transfer 2019

Postby ohladcsc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:11 pm

School Rank: 40-50
GPA: 3.93

Same with the incomplete on both my transcript and certifications.

MSUN5

New

Postby MSUN5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:28 pm

ohladcsc wrote:School Rank: 40-50

I think we’re both in p good shape numbers wise, no? Apply anywhere else?

atr235

New

Postby atr235 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:03 pm

School rank: 20s
GPA: 3.92

Same with “incomplete”

ohladcsc

New

Postby ohladcsc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:34 pm

MSUN5 wrote:

I hope so! I think the numbers can be deceiving so I try not to rely on them too much - which is why I find these threads much more helpful!
And yes, I did! Harvard, NYU, Chicago, Michigan, Northwestern, Berkeley. What about you?

MSUN5

New

Postby MSUN5 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:54 am

ohladcsc wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

I hope so! I think the numbers can be deceiving so I try not to rely on them too much - which is why I find these threads much more helpful!
And yes, I did! Harvard, NYU, Chicago, Michigan, Northwestern, Berkeley. What about you?

Dang, you've applied all over the place! No geographic preference, I guess? I have sub-zero interest in ever really leaving the general Acela Corridor -- something I realized this past year attending a school down south -- so I just applied to GULC (got in EA), NYU, Penn, Harvard, and Columbia.

I'll tell you what though, friend-o: this wait is awful. I just want to know what city I'm living in next year.

ohladcsc

New

Postby ohladcsc » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 pm

MSUN5 wrote:
ohladcsc wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

Dang, you've applied all over the place! No geographic preference, I guess? I have sub-zero interest in ever really leaving the general Acela Corridor -- something I realized this past year attending a school down south -- so I just applied to GULC (got in EA), NYU, Penn, Harvard, and Columbia.

I'll tell you what though, friend-o: this wait is awful. I just want to know what city I'm living in next year.

No preference really! I'm also in the South, but from the Midwest so I have some ties to a few areas, but I really don't care where I end up, more what I end up doing! I agree about the wait - I gotta know by early July so I can start making plans for next year!

amabe

New

Postby amabe » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:06 pm

Checking in for the long wait...

School Rank: 60-80
GPA: 3.97

Everything went complete June 9

MSUN5

New

Postby MSUN5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am