Transfer from Taft Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dropout

New

Transfer from Taft

Post by dropout » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Background - I decided to look elsewhere after being accepted to nusl for a mls. nusl claimed none of my transcripts ever arrived for financial aid clearance after accepting my application.
I would like to transfer from taft to an aba approved law school. So far i have found that suffolk and udc could be options. Are there others I should consider? I cant get into any aba schools as a 1L because ive failed out of school to often. If I cant transfer I will attempt a long distance job search when I pass the bar. But, due to col in cali i would like to avoid this.

cavalier1138

Re: Transfer from Taft

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:57 pm

Ok, so your post is mostly unintelligible, but from what I can glean...

If you're going for the MLS, what are your career goals? And does it matter if the school is ABA accredited when your degree carries no weight to begin with?

dropout

New

Post by dropout » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:05 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Ok, so your post is mostly unintelligible, but from what I can glean...

If you're going for the MLS, what are your career goals? And does it matter if the school is ABA accredited when your degree carries no weight to begin with?
I am not doing the mls, im attempting a jd. An aba school would be more respected and allow me to sit for any states bar

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:15 am

dropout wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:Ok, so your post is mostly unintelligible, but from what I can glean...

I am not doing the mls, im attempting a jd. An aba school would be more respected and allow me to sit for any states bar
Ok, so maybe don't mention irrelevant information next time. Are you currently enrolled in a JD program?

popgoestheweasel

New

Post by popgoestheweasel » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:52 am

dropout wrote:Background - I decided to look elsewhere after being accepted to nusl for a mls. nusl claimed none of my transcripts ever arrived for financial aid clearance after accepting my application.
I would like to transfer from taft to an aba approved law school. So far i have found that suffolk and udc could be options. Are there others I should consider? I cant get into any aba schools as a 1L because ive failed out of school to often. If I cant transfer I will attempt a long distance job search when I pass the bar. But, due to col in cali i would like to avoid this.
Is this john1990?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:45 am

It is, I think.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:02 am

Oh, never mind then.

dropout

New

Post by dropout » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:19 pm

I contacted udc law and they do not accept transfers from nonaba schools. My wife will not move to cali so i am forced to try my luck at local schools :(

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:06 pm

dropout wrote:I contacted udc law and they do not accept transfers from nonaba schools. My wife will not move to cali so i am forced to try my luck at local schools :(
Like which?

dropout

New

Post by dropout » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:
dropout wrote:I contacted udc law and they do not accept transfers from nonaba schools. My wife will not move to cali so i am forced to try my luck at local schools :(
Like which?
Albany and Touro. I will retake if i get in for more $$ aiming for 156. First must determine if my softs are impossible to overcome. Not aiming for biglaw, both schools have decent grad jd required employment stats. Not looking to transfer out since i want no debt
edit- safeties are wne and mslaw andover.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”