Northwestern or Cornell? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
notellewoods

Bronze

Northwestern or Cornell?

Post by notellewoods » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Hey guys! I have a question about transferring to two different schools. I got into Cornell a couple hours ago and now I'm trying to decide between Northwestern and Cornell. I got my Northwestern OCI schedule an hour ago and I submitted my comment/note for the Write-On Competition last Saturday. But I've read on the Cornell website that transfer students cannot be a member of journal. I'm also concerned about missing OCI there. Thoughts? Does anyone here who was a transfer at either school have some perspective? Thank you! :D

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Re: Northwestern or Cornell?

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Cornell places better in NYC and transfers can get on a secondary journal but cannot OCI. I think NW is the right call since you will be able to go through OCI.

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:04 pm

I would stick with Northwestern since you got to participate in OCI and do write-on and already were set there. Cornell you'd miss out on OCI and would be eligible to be a work on associate for one of the secondary journals.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Thank you both for your responses! I talked with another intern at my office and I've decided that I'm probably going to stay with Northwestern because I've already done OCI bidding there and I don't really want to stay in NYC after graduation. :D

Lawschool2021

New

Post by Lawschool2021 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Greetings! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, when did you submit your app to Cornell?

Thanks in advance!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ReganSays

New

Post by ReganSays » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Lawschool2021 wrote:Greetings! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, when did you submit your app to Cornell?

Thanks in advance!
0Ls really are not supposed to post in the transfer threads.

Lawschool2021

New

Post by Lawschool2021 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:00 pm

What do you mean? The above individual who initiated the thread just stated that he was admitted to Cornell. I am also in the waiting game. I have been accepted to a couple of T20 schools, and am still waiting for a decision from Cornell.

FYI- I wasn’t asking you. So back off.

Back to my initial question, what are your stats?

IExistedOnceBefore

Bronze

Post by IExistedOnceBefore » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Nvm.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Lawschool2021 wrote:What do you mean? The above individual who initiated the thread just stated that he was admitted to Cornell. I am also in the waiting game. I have been accepted to a couple of T20 schools, and am still waiting for a decision from Cornell.

FYI- I wasn’t asking you. So back off.

Back to my initial question, what are your stats?
To be fair, your username and your past questions in the Cornell 2018 Transfer thread seem to imply that you're not a transfer student. If you're in the class of 2021, then you can't be a transfer student and you're an applicant for 2018 as a 1L.

My stats are T2, top 23% with strong softs. My GPA first semester was really strong but because of family reasons I don't want to get into, my second semester GPA wasn't as strong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”