In at Duke waiting on others; what to do?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AndrewPC

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:46 pm

In at Duke waiting on others; what to do?

Postby AndrewPC » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 pm

So Duke granted an extension to decide but their oci deadline is the 16th. Location wise I'd rather be in NY. I have a 3.5* at a T25, top 30% law review etc. Do I deposit at Duke and start their oci process or continue my schools and hold out for NYU Columbia? Both haven't even marked my app as complete even though materials were (likely) received ~2 weeks ago, so I can't ask for an expedited decision... I know some schools foot drag but I applied to a bunch and all the rest got materials a couple days after I submitted the application....

thebasedgod

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: In at Duke waiting on others; what to do?

Postby thebasedgod » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:33 pm

.
Last edited by thebasedgod on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: In at Duke waiting on others; what to do?

Postby SomewhatLearnedHand » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Personally would start the process at Duke and switch up at the last moment if needed. I know someone who oci'd at gtown then ended up at a school in the T13- firms were fine with it, and theres really no moral issue for people to bitch about as long as you only oci at one place.

User avatar
stumpy

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: In at Duke waiting on others; what to do?

Postby stumpy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:24 am

AndrewPC wrote:So Duke granted an extension to decide but their oci deadline is the 16th. Location wise I'd rather be in NY. I have a 3.5* at a T25, top 30% law review etc. Do I deposit at Duke and start their oci process or continue my schools and hold out for NYU Columbia? Both haven't even marked my app as complete even though materials were (likely) received ~2 weeks ago, so I can't ask for an expedited decision... I know some schools foot drag but I applied to a bunch and all the rest got materials a couple days after I submitted the application....


Former Duke transfer here (c/o 2016). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about OCIs, etc.



Return to “Transfers�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.