Berkeley vs. Georgetown Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
positano56

New

Berkeley vs. Georgetown

Post by positano56 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:51 am

I am interested in Big Law in the D.C. market. The practice field I want to work in is mostly in D.C. (regulatory/compliance). I am from the D.C. area, went to school here, and have agency experience here. So my network is here. However, Berkeley is a slightly better ranked school with better job placement (most of which are on the west coast). Any thoughts?

numisma87

New

Re: Berkeley vs. Georgetown

Post by numisma87 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:26 am

positano56 wrote:I am interested in Big Law in the D.C. market. The practice field I want to work in is mostly in D.C. (regulatory/compliance). I am from the D.C. area, went to school here, and have agency experience here. So my network is here. However, Berkeley is a slightly better ranked school with better job placement (most of which are on the west coast). Any thoughts?
I think you should go to GULC. Indeed, Berkeley is ranked slightly higher, but if D.C. is your true target market, especially considering your specific area of interest and experience, attending GULC would seem to beget many more favorable opportunities than Berkeley.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”