transferring to Emory

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
anon-lawstu

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:16 pm

transferring to Emory

Postby anon-lawstu » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:21 pm

hi.

im currently enrolled at a T4 school and wanting to transfer to Emory. top 30% of my class and highly involved. any chance?

kengh

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby kengh » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:24 pm

anon-lawstu wrote:hi.

im currently enrolled at a T4 school and wanting to transfer to Emory. top 30% of my class and highly involved. any chance?



I would check the 509 report. Def worth a shot. Good Luck!

anon-lawstu

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby anon-lawstu » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:50 pm

kengh wrote:
anon-lawstu wrote:hi.

im currently enrolled at a T4 school and wanting to transfer to Emory. top 30% of my class and highly involved. any chance?



I would check the 509 report. Def worth a shot. Good Luck!



Thank you! Will update when I find out

bongcha

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:26 am

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby bongcha » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:23 pm

TTTT, 61/170, 3.11.
I applied and was confirmed June 28..How long does it usually take Emory to make a decision?
Based off the ABA 509 report, I'm within their range, but I don't come from a strong school, which makes me feel like this application is hopeless..

jts1234

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby jts1234 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:23 pm

They got back to me pretty quickly. I was confirmed 6/22 and accepted 6/29 (TT, top 15% 3.6). Do be aware though that the deadline for OCI bidding is 7/5 so you'll likely miss that if you are accepted. From what I've heard, that's really early.

bongcha

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:26 am

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby bongcha » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 am

Does anyone know if opus will change if a decision has been made?

Thanks

Jordangirl6000

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby Jordangirl6000 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:26 am

bongcha wrote:TTTT, 61/170, 3.11.
I applied and was confirmed June 28..How long does it usually take Emory to make a decision?
Based off the ABA 509 report, I'm within their range, but I don't come from a strong school, which makes me feel like this application is hopeless..



hey! i feel like i'm in the same boat. have you heard anything?
and is there a status checker for emory or am i completely missing something?

bongcha

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:26 am

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby bongcha » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:28 am

Jordangirl6000 wrote:
bongcha wrote:TTTT, 61/170, 3.11.
I applied and was confirmed June 28..How long does it usually take Emory to make a decision?
Based off the ABA 509 report, I'm within their range, but I don't come from a strong school, which makes me feel like this application is hopeless..



hey! i feel like i'm in the same boat. have you heard anything?
and is there a status checker for emory or am i completely missing something?


I asked them and they don't do a status check like most other schools. However, there does seem to be something.
https://opus.emory.edu. If you applied for financial aid, there may be some instructions on how to access.
Otherwise, I think they ask for your social? Not sure.

rbg5017

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby rbg5017 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Jordangirl6000 wrote:
bongcha wrote:TTTT, 61/170, 3.11.
I applied and was confirmed June 28..How long does it usually take Emory to make a decision?
Based off the ABA 509 report, I'm within their range, but I don't come from a strong school, which makes me feel like this application is hopeless..



hey! i feel like i'm in the same boat. have you heard anything?
and is there a status checker for emory or am i completely missing something?



I've been calling, but they're still making decisions! Have had my app in since early April!! They have OPUS but idk if they update it.

ivankinghk

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby ivankinghk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 am

I remember they called and tell me i got accepted, but that was 3 years ago, idk if things changed.

bongcha

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:26 am

Re: transferring to Emory

Postby bongcha » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:15 am

Has anyone heard any updates?
Last communication I had with admissions was that they are still discussing my file and that they hope to have a decision for me soon..

Not sure if this is good or bad, but the anxiety is driving me nuts!



Return to “Transfers�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.