Transfer Meditation Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
notellewoods

Bronze

Transfer Meditation Thread

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:10 pm

Decided to create this because waiting for decisions to come out is not my strong suit lol. A transfer thread to talk about anything and nothing. :D

kengh

Bronze

Re: Transfer Meditation Thread

Post by kengh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:54 pm

I wish decisions would all come out now lol!

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:41 pm

I'm dyyyyying. Check my email every day lol

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:50 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:I'm dyyyyying. Check my email every day lol
Only everyday. I check like every min lol!

thesilentzone

New

Post by thesilentzone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Any one else terrified at the prospect of actually transferring? I have never lived out of state before.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Not terrified, just dreading moving again lol.

gisi

New

Post by gisi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:07 pm

I am actually terrified at paying sticker.

thesilentzone

New

Post by thesilentzone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:35 pm

gisi wrote:I am actually terrified at paying sticker.
Same. Although if you think about it, we’re saving almost 30% (depends on what you pay now) by skipping the first year.

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:07 pm

thesilentzone wrote:Any one else terrified at the prospect of actually transferring? I have never lived out of state before.
I'm actually in the opposite situation. I actually live on the opposite coast of all my family right now and am transferring to a school on the east coast to be closer so I seriously can't wait to figure out where exactly that will be!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:11 pm

kengh wrote:
Pretty sure I've checked my phone to see if I've gotten an email at least 30 times so far today.

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 pm

notellewoods wrote:
kengh wrote:
Pretty sure I've checked my phone to see if I've gotten an email at least 30 times so far today.

I’ve gotta be somewhere in 100s lol!

Questions123

New

Post by Questions123 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:14 pm

I have a very dumb transfer issue that I am pulling my hair out over daily lol. I got into my dream school which I have been wanting to go to for YEARS and never thought it would be possible.

but I really knocked the ball out of the park second semester and I may get into more prestigious law schools and I feel like if I do I am obligated to accept their offers over my fave t20

sorry I know that is a dumb thing to say/maybe annoying to complain about and like "a good problem to potentially have" but oh my god I feel like I can't even enjoy my success in getting into the school I wanted because I am so stressed about getting into higher ranking schools and having to go there instead. I so just want to definitively know where I'm going to be. I keep on googling stuff trying to find justifications to just go to the t20 instead of "better" schools but obviously that's not the right choice. I feel like I am losing my mind.

and trying to find affordable housing so last minute anywhere is going to be rough!!!!

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Questions123 wrote:I have a very dumb transfer issue that I am pulling my hair out over daily lol. I got into my dream school which I have been wanting to go to for YEARS and never thought it would be possible.

but I really knocked the ball out of the park second semester and I may get into more prestigious law schools and I feel like if I do I am obligated to accept their offers over my fave t20

sorry I know that is a dumb thing to say/maybe annoying to complain about and like "a good problem to potentially have" but oh my god I feel like I can't even enjoy my success in getting into the school I wanted because I am so stressed about getting into higher ranking schools and having to go there instead. I so just want to definitively know where I'm going to be. I keep on googling stuff trying to find justifications to just go to the t20 instead of "better" schools but obviously that's not the right choice. I feel like I am losing my mind.

and trying to find affordable housing so last minute anywhere is going to be rough!!!!
That's not a dumb issue at all, that's actually what I'm afraid of. I sort of wish that LSAC implemented a uniform cut-off date that schools have to release decisions on so that everyone knows where they stand on each school so they can make an informed decision. Especially since students might have to move and that can be expensive.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Questions123 wrote:I have a very dumb transfer issue that I am pulling my hair out over daily lol. I got into my dream school which I have been wanting to go to for YEARS and never thought it would be possible.

I was in a similar position last year and it was an equally tough choice. I was accepted as a transfer to my undergrad (which has a T25 law school)along with several T13's. Undergrad was by far the best four years of my life, and I loved the school with all of my heart, so I was extremely tempted to return. But its important to remember that law school is a professional school- you need to go wherever is going to give you the absolute best chance at securing a good career. I assume youre waiting on a T13 school, and nine times out of ten that is going to be the far better choice.

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Did u put seat deposit at t20 at least to hold spot?

Questions123

New

Post by Questions123 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 pm

notellewoods wrote:
That's not a dumb issue at all, that's actually what I'm afraid of. I sort of wish that LSAC implemented a uniform cut-off date that schools have to release decisions on so that everyone knows where they stand on each school so they can make an informed decision. Especially since students might have to move and that can be expensive.

it is so stressful! And I know - the idea of being settled in somewhere and then a school getting back to me late july is horrifying lol.
SomewhatLearnedHand wrote:
I was in a similar position last year and it was an equally tough choice. I was accepted as a transfer to my undergrad (which has a T25 law school)along with several T13's. Undergrad was by far the best four years of my life, and I loved the school with all of my heart, so I was extremely tempted to return. But its important to remember that law school is a professional school- you need to go wherever is going to give you the absolute best chance at securing a good career. I assume youre waiting on a T13 school, and nine times out of ten that is going to be the far better choice.
I know and I know that's the more rational and sensible thing to do and is probably what I will do if I get in (and yes I am waiting on some T13s - one in particular has historically loved taking students from my school even if their stats were a smidge lower so I am anticipating I will get in but we will see I guess!). It is hard because I want to work in the geographic area the t20 is in and it places pretty well there, but I know that it will look even more impressive if I show up at those firms with the t13 school on my resume. and that it would maybe open more doors for me down the line. I just have been dreaming about attending school at this t20 for years :( my hat came in yesterday and I got so sad thinking about getting in and not going.
kengh wrote:
Did u put seat deposit at t20 at least to hold spot?
I did! I am sitting tight for now and preparing as if I am going to attend the t20. Except I feel like I can't really look for housing yet because I still may get into one of these t13s. Which is frustrating!! People keep on posting great housing opportunities on the class page!

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:54 am

Checking in....and still hate waiting. I feel like I should take up knitting to pass the time lol.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lolstudent

New

Post by Lolstudent » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:50 am

Checking in. So guys, are status checkers of any value after you find out you're under review? Wouldn't you find out via call or email if you got in before you saw it on a status checker? Or are schools listing "decision rendered" days before contacting people? I have an impulse to check compulsively but will stop if it's truly pointless.

sahara1128

New

Post by sahara1128 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:00 pm

I feel for you so hard. I have recently been accepted as a transfer to a lower T13 that was my first choice school when I applied as a 0L.

But like you, I killed it first year and there's a good chance I'll be accepted at a HYSCCN. I would really prefer to go to the T13 (campus community and quality of life would really be a better fit), but I don't know how I would justify the decision to other people.

For reference, I'm currently top 1% at a lower T1 school.

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Lolstudent wrote:Checking in. So guys, are status checkers of any value after you find out you're under review? Wouldn't you find out via call or email if you got in before you saw it on a status checker? Or are schools listing "decision rendered" days before contacting people? I have an impulse to check compulsively but will stop if it's truly pointless.
I'm like 75% sure that it depends on the school, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has any more informed knowledge because I'm tempted to do this too lol.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:Checking in. So guys, are status checkers of any value after you find out you're under review? Wouldn't you find out via call or email if you got in before you saw it on a status checker? Or are schools listing "decision rendered" days before contacting people? I have an impulse to check compulsively but will stop if it's truly pointless.
I'm like 75% sure that it depends on the school, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has any more informed knowledge because I'm tempted to do this too lol.
I also have been routinely checking my status trackers but that's because I can't help myself and really want to know lol. Some schools (I definitely know that NYU does this) write "Decision Letter Sent" or "Decision Sent" on the status tracker and then you normally get the decision either via email that day or mail a couple days later. But yeah, it really depends on the school.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lolstudent

New

Post by Lolstudent » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Just found out my school hadn't sent the Dean's certification I requested about a month ago. :cry:

Questions123

New

Post by Questions123 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:28 pm

sahara1128 wrote:

I feel for you so hard. I have recently been accepted as a transfer to a lower T13 that was my first choice school when I applied as a 0L.

But like you, I killed it first year and there's a good chance I'll be accepted at a HYSCCN. I would really prefer to go to the T13 (campus community and quality of life would really be a better fit), but I don't know how I would justify the decision to other people.

Honestly I think I’m gonna go to the t20! I think I can be successful at either place and screw it im gonna do what I want for once instead of spending another two years in a town I don’t like

sahara1128

New

Post by sahara1128 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 am

Questions123 wrote:
sahara1128 wrote:

Honestly I think I’m gonna go to the t20! I think I can be successful at either place and screw it im gonna do what I want for once instead of spending another two years in a town I don’t like
That's great! I'm sure you won't regret your choice, no matter where you decide to go.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:24 am

Lolstudent wrote:Just found out my school hadn't sent the Dean's certification I requested about a month ago. :cry:
Omg my school did the same. I called to confirm that they had sent it out, the person I spoke with said the record didn't show they were sent out and the person who sends them out wasn't in the office that day. The next morning, I got an email from the person in the office saying that they had been sent out that morning :?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”