HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LawSchoolGeeky

New
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby LawSchoolGeeky » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:54 pm

Let's get this one started too! My application went complete about a week ago.

Stats:

TT
4.18 GPA
Rank: #3, top 1%
5 CALI's (Property, Crim, Civ Pro, Con law, Contracts)

I also did the write-on for law review. Not sure if that matters or not.

Good luck everyone!

gisi

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby gisi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 pm

AO told me this morning that decisions would come out mid July. Looks like we have to wait for another three weeks or so.

dcg0120

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby dcg0120 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 am

FWIW, we found out on July 7 last year.

rebeccawei7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby rebeccawei7 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Just got an email - saying that the decision will be released early July.

gisi

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby gisi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:26 am

dcg0120 wrote:FWIW, we found out on July 7 last year.


So maybe July 6 this year 8)

LawSchoolGeeky

New
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby LawSchoolGeeky » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:27 pm

gisi wrote:
dcg0120 wrote:FWIW, we found out on July 7 last year.


So maybe July 6 this year 8)


I really hope so!

ucantcme

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby ucantcme » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:46 pm

gisi wrote:
dcg0120 wrote:FWIW, we found out on July 7 last year.


So maybe July 6 this year 8)


I'd guess the 6th or the 9th.

LawSchoolGeeky

New
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby LawSchoolGeeky » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:04 am

ucantcme wrote:
gisi wrote:
dcg0120 wrote:FWIW, we found out on July 7 last year.


So maybe July 6 this year 8)


I'd guess the 6th or the 9th.


Because this waiting game is driving me crazy I went and looked back at when people have heard in previous years. Here are some stats on when admissions calls started previously FWIW:

2017 cycle: July 7 (Fri)
2016 cycle: July 7 (Th)
2015 cycle: July 9 (Th)
2014 cycle: July 7 (M)
2013 cycle: July 8 (M)
2012 cycle: July 6 (Fri)

Seems like the trend is pretty much for calls to start going out during the first (full) week of July more or less. I'm hoping for the 6th!

Lolstudent

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby Lolstudent » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:35 am

Story time-

Ran into a guy the other day that wrote onto the flagship law review as a transfer. Pretty impressive considering the scope of the competition and the fact that you do it before even getting accepted or not. Cool dude. No longer an attorney (8 years out from graduation) but still uses the degree in a sense.

ucantcme

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby ucantcme » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:11 am

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
ucantcme wrote:
gisi wrote:
dcg0120 wrote:FWIW, we found out on July 7 last year.


So maybe July 6 this year 8)


I'd guess the 6th or the 9th.


Because this waiting game is driving me crazy I went and looked back at when people have heard in previous years. Here are some stats on when admissions calls started previously FWIW:

2017 cycle: July 7 (Fri)
2016 cycle: July 7 (Th)
2015 cycle: July 9 (Th)
2014 cycle: July 7 (M)
2013 cycle: July 8 (M)
2012 cycle: July 6 (Fri)



This is great! Feel free to make a similar list for SLS, CLS, NYU, Penn :D :D

rebeccawei7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby rebeccawei7 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:07 am

Any status changes? Mine was completed but never moved to "under review" - is that normal?

lomp123

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby lomp123 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:16 pm

My status checker is still showing that they don't have my undergrad certification. My undergrad has assured me that they have e-mailed the cert to Harvard 3 times, and Harvard hasn't responded to my e-mails. Anyone else having a problem? I'm going to try to call today to get this sorted out.

LawSchoolGeeky

New
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby LawSchoolGeeky » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:55 pm

rebeccawei7 wrote:Any status changes? Mine was completed but never moved to "under review" - is that normal?


I think that's normal. Mine was completed a while ago (6/6) and never moved to under review either.

rebeccawei7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby rebeccawei7 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:04 pm

lomp123 wrote:My status checker is still showing that they don't have my undergrad certification. My undergrad has assured me that they have e-mailed the cert to Harvard 3 times, and Harvard hasn't responded to my e-mails. Anyone else having a problem? I'm going to try to call today to get this sorted out.


I had this issue - it took about a week for them to process the certification.

gisi

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby gisi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:37 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:Any status changes? Mine was completed but never moved to "under review" - is that normal?


I think that's normal. Mine was completed a while ago (6/6) and never moved to under review either.


What is your status? Did you receive an email once the application was completed?

LawSchoolGeeky

New
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby LawSchoolGeeky » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:54 pm

gisi wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:Any status changes? Mine was completed but never moved to "under review" - is that normal?


I think that's normal. Mine was completed a while ago (6/6) and never moved to under review either.


What is your status? Did you receive an email once the application was completed?


My status is "Application completed." And yes I received an email the day it went complete! I don't think they're going to change the status further (except possibly when acceptances/rejections come out).

rebeccawei7

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby rebeccawei7 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
gisi wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:Any status changes? Mine was completed but never moved to "under review" - is that normal?


I think that's normal. Mine was completed a while ago (6/6) and never moved to under review either.


What is your status? Did you receive an email once the application was completed?


My status is "Application completed." And yes I received an email the day it went complete! I don't think they're going to change the status further (except possibly when acceptances/rejections come out).


Same here - "Application Completed." But I received an email 4-5 days after it went complete on the status checker. I submitted my application relatively late though (June 14).

gisi

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby gisi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 am

rebeccawei7 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
gisi wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:Any status changes? Mine was completed but never moved to "under review" - is that normal?


I think that's normal. Mine was completed a while ago (6/6) and never moved to under review either.


What is your status? Did you receive an email once the application was completed?


My status is "Application completed." And yes I received an email the day it went complete! I don't think they're going to change the status further (except possibly when acceptances/rejections come out).


Same here - "Application Completed." But I received an email 4-5 days after it went complete on the status checker. I submitted my application relatively late though (June 14).


Thank you. Called them just now and was told my application was being reviewed.

Sdandrew1990

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby Sdandrew1990 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:50 am

#2 at a t20
4.04
4 CALIs

Lolstudent

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby Lolstudent » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:00 pm

Sdandrew1990 wrote:#2 at a t20
4.04
4 CALIs


Damn! Auto admit right here. Congrats!

calilaw1991

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby calilaw1991 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:12 pm

4.084 gpa
Top grades in torts, crim law, second highest in ethics, contracts
School range 25-30.

notellewoods

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:14 am

Just called the Admissions Office and they said that we should hear back in the next week because they want to get decisions out by around mid-July. I seriously want to know now haha.

Lolstudent

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby Lolstudent » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:54 am

notellewoods wrote:Just called the Admissions Office and they said that we should hear back in the next week because they want to get decisions out by around mid-July. I seriously want to know now haha.


Aw shucks. I was really hoping to hear tomorrow.

notellewoods

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:47 am

Lolstudent wrote:
notellewoods wrote:Just called the Admissions Office and they said that we should hear back in the next week because they want to get decisions out by around mid-July. I seriously want to know now haha.


Aw shucks. I was really hoping to hear tomorrow.


Same! I also have a deposit deadline tomorrow so I'd love to know by then.....Sigh.

Lolstudent

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Postby Lolstudent » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:03 pm

notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:
notellewoods wrote:Just called the Admissions Office and they said that we should hear back in the next week because they want to get decisions out by around mid-July. I seriously want to know now haha.


Aw shucks. I was really hoping to hear tomorrow.


Same! I also have a deposit deadline tomorrow so I'd love to know by then.....Sigh.


Yeah that’s stressful. What other schools are you considering?



Return to “Transfers?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.