Job Opportunities Transferring to UCLA vs. UCB vs. GULC? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Questions123

New

Job Opportunities Transferring to UCLA vs. UCB vs. GULC?

Post by Questions123 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Hey!

So I am a transfer student for the class of 2020. it has always been my dream to attend UCLA Law and I am in!
However, my dad is REALLY pressing Berkeley because it is ranked higher. I understand the benefit to being at a higher ranked school, but I am fairly certain I want to work in Southern California, so I am a little thrown off by his advice and am not sure what to do.

I am at a T1 I had decent grades first semester and then got a 4.0 my second semester. I'm guessing I'll be around 12% when rankings come out, so I do not know if UCB will happen but its a possibility.

I've also applied to Texas, GULC, Cornell, and NYU.

The benefit to immediately accepting at UCLA is I will be able to do OCI stuff and not be pressed for time with that.

Is it worth it to wait to hear back from the other places? Should I actually go if I get in anywhere else? My dream is Big Law in LA, so it makes sense to me to go to the best law school in SoCal... thoughts?

I sent out a few other reach apps too that I will of course accept if I get in but even NYU seems like a bit of a stretch haha. I also know some transfers struggle during OCI at certain schools, UCLA does not seem to have that problem (at least according to their career office).

Looking for any input on this, thank you!

kengh

Bronze

Re: Job Opportunities Transferring to UCLA vs. UCB vs. GULC?

Post by kengh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:10 pm

I’m in an almost identical boat with you except instead of NYU it’s uva.

Questions123

New

Post by Questions123 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:03 pm

kengh wrote:I’m in an almost identical boat with you except instead of NYU it’s uva.
It's a tricky situation! What are you thinking so far?

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:25 pm

I wish pms worked. Do u have n email I can message u?

Questions123

New

Post by Questions123 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:38 pm

kengh wrote:I wish pms worked. Do u have n email I can message u?

lmao here is the email that my 11 year old self came up with (the only one that doesn't divulge any personal info sorry its weird haha): stormgoddess7@gmail.com

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Questions123 wrote:
kengh wrote:I wish pms worked. Do u have n email I can message u?

lmao here is the email that my 11 year old self came up with (the only one that doesn't divulge any personal info sorry its weird haha): stormgoddess7@gmail.com
Sent

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”