Transfer Odds - Moving and must transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
weegsy77

New

Transfer Odds - Moving and must transfer

Post by weegsy77 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Hey guys,
I'm currently at a T2 school and need to move to the Bay Area for reasons unrelated to law school. I finished first semester with a 3.687. Assuming I stay in that area, I should finish in the top 10%. I also have about 5 years experience as an engineer prior to law school. Not a huge deal, but I know some schools prefer applicants with work experience. I also have an in-house position lined up for this summer. Hoping this may look favorably to admissions.

I'm applying to most schools in the Bay Area, but do you think I have any sort of chance at Berkeley? Do I even waste the effort and submit an app to Stanford knowing it's pretty much impossible?
Do you think the fact I'm moving and must transfer will look good or bad in the eyes of admissions?

kengh

Bronze

Re: Transfer Odds - Moving and must transfer

Post by kengh » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:48 am

I would say apply Berkeley. I think Stanford is very unlikely unless u can get to top 5 or so but I mean u never know.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”