Vanderbilt Law Transfer Interview Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Vanderbilt Law Transfer Interview

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has tips for the Vandy transfer interview. Thank you.

Generic1L

New

Re: Vanderbilt Law Transfer Interview

Post by Generic1L » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Mine was pretty casual. He asked if I had any questions for him, and we got to talking about life after law school a lot more. Favorite restaurants. Why Vandy will be a good school for me personally. I don't know if that's typical.

I guess my advice would be to go in like a normal person and strike up conversation. Admissions has your stats, this person is just looking to see that you're a likable person that would represent the school well (aka any screener interview for OCI).

But once again, I don't know if others had a different experience.

marym2631

New

Post by marym2631 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:24 pm

Has anyone had a Skype interview with Vandy? I have one on Thursday. Curious on how those in particular normally go.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:27 pm

marym2631 wrote:Has anyone had a Skype interview with Vandy? I have one on Thursday. Curious on how those in particular normally go.
They just ask why vandy, and hardest part of law school so far and asked how I got my summer job. Very nice and be sure to have questions to ask. Good luck!

marym2631

New

Post by marym2631 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
marym2631 wrote:Has anyone had a Skype interview with Vandy? I have one on Thursday. Curious on how those in particular normally go.
They just ask why vandy, and hardest part of law school so far and asked how I got my summer job. Very nice and be sure to have questions to ask. Good luck!
Great. I figured it was pretty straight-forward.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”