2020 Transfer Class

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Questions123

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Questions123 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:10 pm

lawwwwyeringnw wrote:
Questions123 wrote:
lawwwwyeringnw wrote:Offered by UC Davis yesterday. 15% from non-CA TTT + clerkship for summer.


I am transferring out of UC Davis!! I actually love it though!! If you have any questions about it I can give you my email!

Yes!!! Can you please message me your email address? Thanks!


so I have not been able to find out how to PM people on here but email me at stormgoddess7@gmail.com (I made that email when I was 11 and its the only one that doesn't give away my name lmao) and I will email you back!

Texhav

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Texhav » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:28 pm

trmckenz wrote:In at Texas! Above median at T25, IP background.


Congrats! How did Texas notify you? Also, did you have a lot of correspondence with them prior to notification? Thanks

User avatar
trmckenz

Bronze
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby trmckenz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Texhav wrote:
trmckenz wrote:In at Texas! Above median at T25, IP background.


Congrats! How did Texas notify you? Also, did you have a lot of correspondence with them prior to notification? Thanks


Thanks! I have been emailing back and forth about transcripts and other materials over the past few weeks. My official review timeline was:

- Monday 6/4 = received an email stating my application is under review
- Tuesday 6/12 = received an email requesting an interview
- Thursday 6/14 = Skype interview with admissions and professor
- Friday 6/15 = received conditional acceptance email
- Monday 6-18 = received acknowledgement that LSAC forwarded my official transcript, and my application is now complete

I'm still waiting for a firm offer, which is dependent on their review of my official LSAC transcript. Hoping it goes through this week.

Texhav

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Texhav » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:01 am

trmckenz wrote:
Texhav wrote:
trmckenz wrote:In at Texas! Above median at T25, IP background.


Congrats! How did Texas notify you? Also, did you have a lot of correspondence with them prior to notification? Thanks


Thanks! I have been emailing back and forth about transcripts and other materials over the past few weeks. My official review timeline was:

- Monday 6/4 = received an email stating my application is under review
- Tuesday 6/12 = received an email requesting an interview
- Thursday 6/14 = Skype interview with admissions and professor
- Friday 6/15 = received conditional acceptance email
- Monday 6-18 = received acknowledgement that LSAC forwarded my official transcript, and my application is now complete

I'm still waiting for a firm offer, which is dependent on their review of my official LSAC transcript. Hoping it goes through this week.


Good stuff, appreciate the info!

jurysout

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby jurysout » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:58 am

Texhav wrote:
trmckenz wrote:
Texhav wrote:
trmckenz wrote:In at Texas! Above median at T25, IP background.


Congrats! How did Texas notify you? Also, did you have a lot of correspondence with them prior to notification? Thanks


Thanks! I have been emailing back and forth about transcripts and other materials over the past few weeks. My official review timeline was:

- Monday 6/4 = received an email stating my application is under review
- Tuesday 6/12 = received an email requesting an interview
- Thursday 6/14 = Skype interview with admissions and professor
- Friday 6/15 = received conditional acceptance email
- Monday 6-18 = received acknowledgement that LSAC forwarded my official transcript, and my application is now complete

I'm still waiting for a firm offer, which is dependent on their review of my official LSAC transcript. Hoping it goes through this week.


Good stuff, appreciate the info!


This was very similar to my experience. Once your application is complete the review and acceptance process is very swift. Also, everyone I know who got an interview was ultimately accepted.

kengh

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby kengh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Am I the only one glued to my phone during the day checking emailing in hopes of hearing from all the schools I applied for transfer lol?

lawwwwyeringnw

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:51 am

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby lawwwwyeringnw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:55 pm

kengh wrote:Am I the only one glued to my phone during the day checking emailing in hopes of hearing from all the schools I applied for transfer lol?

Oh trust me you are not alone :)))

notellewoods

Bronze
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby notellewoods » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:13 pm

kengh wrote:Am I the only one glued to my phone during the day checking emailing in hopes of hearing from all the schools I applied for transfer lol?


Definitely not. I think I check my email every 15-30 minutes and have been checking the application status tracker several times a day lol

Ohyouknow1234

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Ohyouknow1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:50 pm

In at UW!

lawwwwyeringnw

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:51 am

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby lawwwwyeringnw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Ohyouknow1234 wrote:In at UW!

Congrats!!!! I had my interview with them this afternoon. You heard back today?

Ohyouknow1234

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Ohyouknow1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 pm

lawwwwyeringnw wrote:
Ohyouknow1234 wrote:In at UW!

Congrats!!!! I had my interview with them this afternoon. You heard back today?


I did! I interviewed yesterday, so the turnaround is fast.

gisi

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby gisi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am

lawwwwyeringnw wrote:
Ohyouknow1234 wrote:In at UW!

Congrats!!!! I had my interview with them this afternoon. You heard back today?


Congrats!

lawwwwyeringnw

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:51 am

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby lawwwwyeringnw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:16 am

In at UW !!

Ohyouknow1234

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Ohyouknow1234 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:44 pm

lawwwwyeringnw wrote:In at UW !!



Congrats!

kengh

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby kengh » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:24 pm

lawwwwyeringnw wrote:In at UW !!

Congrats. Stats?

lawwwwyeringnw

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:51 am

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby lawwwwyeringnw » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:59 pm

kengh wrote:
lawwwwyeringnw wrote:In at UW !!

Congrats. Stats?

10% in TTT. Strong tie to Seattle.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Anyone have any updates?

bongcha

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:26 am

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby bongcha » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:37 am

Can anyone share any insight on turnaround time?

What school, stats, how long since completed application did the school take to respond?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 am

Was dinged at Texas at 4 am

jts1234

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby jts1234 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, new poster today.

TT (75-85) Top 15% 3.60; Strong softs FWIW

Applied to:

-GULC: waitlisted
-UT
-Vandy
-Emory: Accepted today!
-George Washington
-Washington and Lee
-SMU
-U of H
-Baylor

nova1017

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby nova1017 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:47 am

Just want to wish good luck to everyone waiting! I think this will be a big week for us! May the odds and transfer admissions officers be in your favor!

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 am

:oops:
nova1017 wrote:Just want to wish good luck to everyone waiting! I think this will be a big week for us! May the odds and transfer admissions officers be in your favor!


I sure hope so! I want to plan my move.

numisma87

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby numisma87 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:17 am

TT (50-75)

3.57, top 8%

in at: Vandy, GULC

dinged from: UVA, UCLA, USC

declined interview at Cornell

over GULC would still take NYU, Columbia, Michigan, Berkeley or Penn

qwer123456789

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby qwer123456789 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:43 am

numisma87 wrote:TT (50-75)

3.57, top 8%

in at: Vandy, GULC

dinged from: UVA, UCLA, USC

declined interview at Cornell

over GULC would still take NYU, Columbia, Michigan, Berkeley or Penn

what do you mean declined interview? You declined to be interviewed or they declined to interview you?

numisma87

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: 2020 Transfer Class

Postby numisma87 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:11 pm

qwer123456789 wrote:
numisma87 wrote:TT (50-75)

3.57, top 8%

in at: Vandy, GULC

dinged from: UVA, UCLA, USC

declined interview at Cornell

over GULC would still take NYU, Columbia, Michigan, Berkeley or Penn

what do you mean declined interview? You declined to be interviewed or they declined to interview you?


They offered -- I declined. No Law Review and extremely limited OCI opportunities are a deal breaker imo.



Return to “Transfers�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.