Transfer Odds Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawwwwyeringnw

New

Transfer Odds

Post by lawwwwyeringnw » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:33 am

Hi all,
I am new to the forum and hope to get some advice on my transfer odds--
TTT law school; first semester GPA 3.733 (school only discloses official ranking after the second semester but according to the unofficial cutoff stat, I am at top 8-9%); some law school activities and pro bono experiences; three years of working as a paralegal.
Looking to transfer to--
UW Seattle: strong tie to Seattle;
GULC: not a strong tie but I am willing to relocate and work in east coast;
Berkeley: fairly strong tie, my husband is a Berkeley graduate.

Thanks guys!

ExperssioUnius

Bronze

Re: Transfer Odds

Post by ExperssioUnius » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 am

Can't speak to UW Seattle but I think the odds of you transferring into a T14 school are very very low. Think of it this way, T14 schools don't take that many transfer students to start with, there are a lot of TT and TTT schools, and 7% of the class at those schools are ahead of you in line if they want to transfer to a T14 school. Absent some amazing soft factor or a really compelling statement, you really need to be in the top few students to transfer from TTT to T14.

McChicken

New

Post by McChicken » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 pm

I was top 5% at my TTT. I transferred to Berkeley and was also accepted at GULC. If your TTT is in California, you have a much better shot at Berkeley. For GULC, you could probably do it with top 10%. Good luck!

nrthwst4now

New

Post by nrthwst4now » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:29 am

You have a shot at UW, Berkeley, and GULC. If you are at the school I am thinking, I transferred from there to Berkeley (and got into a few others). You can PM me if you want specific advice.

Generally speaking, grades are key and you are on the low end of the acceptable range for Berkeley (see 509). Make sure you have a meaningful summer job and I think it is good you can demonstrate ties to the area.

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:56 pm

multiple people have gone from SU --> Berkeley and other T14

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”