3.8 gpa at T1 vs T2 for UChicago ED? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rustyshackleford69

New

3.8 gpa at T1 vs T2 for UChicago ED?

Post by rustyshackleford69 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Hello,

I am a URM with a 3.814 from a T2 in Chicago, hoping to apply ED for UChicago. I've heard that a 3.8 isn't as impressive from a T2 as it would be from a T1 or T14 so while I'm in the 50% according to their ABA-required disclosure, I don't have much of a chance if I'm not #1 or 2 in my class. Has anyone transferred to UC with a 3.8 or higher from a T2??

aliciacflorrick

New

Re: 3.8 gpa at T1 vs T2 for UChicago ED?

Post by aliciacflorrick » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:59 am

Given that you're from a Chicago-area school, that should act as a soft for admittance. Some of the more competitively ranked schools tend to admit applicants from the nearby schools (e.g., Brooklyn/Cardozo => NYU/Columbia). We'd be able to more significantly tell you what the 3.814 means if you provided class rank, but you should be in the top 5% to stand a reasonable chance transferring from a T2 to a T14 (let alone a T6). The URM-status should be beneficial as well.

Good luck!

rustyshackleford69

New

Post by rustyshackleford69 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:25 pm

aliciacflorrick wrote:Given that you're from a Chicago-area school, that should act as a soft for admittance. Some of the more competitively ranked schools tend to admit applicants from the nearby schools (e.g., Brooklyn/Cardozo => NYU/Columbia). We'd be able to more significantly tell you what the 3.814 means if you provided class rank, but you should be in the top 5% to stand a reasonable chance transferring from a T2 to a T14 (let alone a T6). The URM-status should be beneficial as well.

Good luck!

Hello,
Yes I placed in top 5% for my class rank, and have two CALI awards. I wasn't sure if URM-status was beneficial or seen neutrally in terms of transferring but that seems promising. thank you for your reply, I'm crossing my fingers and toes!

toast and bananas

Bronze

Post by toast and bananas » Wed May 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Worth an app for sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”