Transfer Chances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
afisch100

New

Transfer Chances

Post by afisch100 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm

T2 in NY

GPA 3.70 after two semesters. Started in the summer. Top 11%

Torts- A
Legal Profession- A
Criminal Law - A-
Civ Pro- B+
Legal Writing A-
Property A-

What are my chances at GULC, Vandy and USC? Thanks.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Transfer Chances

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Georgetown is very transfer friendly. You have a solid chance of being admitted to Georgetown, in my opinion.

I have no idea about Vanderbilt or USC.

Have you considered Cornell ?

afisch100

New

Post by afisch100 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Haven't looked into Cornell. I know they don't allow transfers to participate in OCI which sucks.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:35 pm

That is bad, but Cornell Law on one's resume looks great. So what if you have to fight harder, it's worth the effort. Good luck to you.

GettingThere22

New

Post by GettingThere22 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:23 pm

afisch100 wrote:Haven't looked into Cornell. I know they don't allow transfers to participate in OCI which sucks.
that's brutal!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Soccerstar13

New

Post by Soccerstar13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 pm

afisch100 wrote:Haven't looked into Cornell. I know they don't allow transfers to participate in OCI which sucks.
On there website it says “Yes, the Career Services Office will do its best to accommodate transfer students' participation in the Fall Recruitment Program if timing permits.” So my assumption would be they would let you depending on when you were accepted.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:39 pm

Soccerstar13 wrote:
On there website it says “Yes, the Career Services Office will do its best to accommodate transfer students' participation in the Fall Recruitment Program if timing permits.” So my assumption would be they would let you depending on when you were accepted.
Whatever their website actually says, the truth is transfers are not allowed to participate in OCI there

aj1221

New

Post by aj1221 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:58 pm

Have you thought about NYU at all? Your GPA puts you at their 509 report 75% percentile, so depending on where you want to practice and what you want to do, it could be better than GULC or USC or Vandy.

I'm not saying you are a lock, but you have a decent shot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”