T2 to BC/BU Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
throwaweigh8

New

T2 to BC/BU

Post by throwaweigh8 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Throwaway because my friends know my other username.

After 1L Fall I'm sitting at ~3.5 at my upper-level T2 with an annual COA of 35k (incl. scholarship, tuition, living expenses), which is roughly top 20-25%. I want to work in Boston and I have a good amount of ties there. The school I'm currently attending has decent ties to Boston in its own right but nothing compared to BC/BU. I went elsewhere because my undergrad GPA was so low that my LSAT didn't even matter for those schools. BU offers an early action transfer app that I would be inclined to go after, but I'm wondering whether my ROI would be lost by the 72k/yr COA (x2). Both schools' 509's show that I have a realistic shot, but my school doesn't publish rankings until the end of 1L Spring (Mid-June grade deadline and post Law Review write-on competition). Would it be worth it to risk a more limited OCI at my current school over the Boston schools, and what type of stigma is there for transfer students at OCI as far as employers go?

Goals: Biglaw, then probably leave to government or something similar in the public policy field.

Order of importance: Cost and working in Boston are weighed equally. Everything else is below that.

Lastly, I am looking at this possibility as if I was just enrolling at either from the start, with a 10k/yr scholarship, is this the wrong way to look at it?

Return to “Transfers”