Bad form to ask transfer admissions for timeframe? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bad form to ask transfer admissions for timeframe?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:13 pm

I am a part-time student who's completed 3 PT semesters. I am in the running to transfer to a T1 school this spring; I've submitted my app and got a confirmation everything was received. That was approx. 9/6. Here it is November and I've heard nada. Is it bad form to ask admissions for a general timeframe as to how much more I'll have to wait? I hesitate as I don't want to piss them off, but in order to transfer I'd have to move out of state so the sooner I know, the better. Thanks in advance for any experiences or suggestions.

NOTE: this particular school says its application-checker site is not available for transfers, so all I have to go off of is my email contact with the school.

TTTTescapee

New

Re: Bad form to ask transfer admissions for timeframe?

Post by TTTTescapee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:17 pm

When I was applying to transfer I called/emailed the school I was most interested in (aka the one I knew I had the best shot at). I sort of built a relationship with the admissions personnel. I'm sure they were tired of speaking with me but I can't help but think this showed enthusiasm (or desperation lol). Based on how other transfers fared from my former school I can't help but think this helped me out.

Anonymous User

Re: Bad form to ask transfer admissions for timeframe?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks for the hope! I'm coming from a TTT, so I need everything I can to 'stand out' over others coming from more prestigious schools.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”