Underwhelmed Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Underwhelmed

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:52 am

Hey, So I am a transfer from a low ranked school to a top 10 school and am feeling really underwhelmed with the amount of work so far. Last year, I felt like I had no free time, and just memorized and outlined throughout the semester. now I have so much free time. Am I doing something wrong? Is 2L just a lot easier (I'm only in two doctrinal courses this semester as opposed to four last year per semester) ? Is it because it's still really early in the semester?

I'm also unsure how to go about studying and exams because at my old school, all exams were closed book and were essays, and now, they're all multiple choice and open book.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Underwhelmed

Post by Nebby » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 pm

It's probably a combination of upper level classes having less readings and you being a more efficient student then you were a year ago. Literally nothing to worry about

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:59 pm

Yeah, your workload feeling lighter could be any number of things, but it's almost certainly nothing to worry about.

Re: exams, you definitely want to find old ones to look at. Most "general wisdom" pertains to standard issue spotter exams and, assuming that these classes are still graded on a curve, I bet it's harder to differentiate yourself on a multiple choice take home exam unless the questions are really brutal or weird.

toast and bananas

Bronze

Post by toast and bananas » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:28 am

Embrace it!

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:25 pm

What school are you at because that sounds like heaven? Feel free to message me. I'm going to be transferring this fall hopefully :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”