Rutgers to T14? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dwighthoward786

New

Rutgers to T14?

Post by dwighthoward786 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:28 pm

I have a uGPA of 3.0 and writing my LSAT in October. As you can see my uGPA is too low for any t14 school because of my mom being paralyzed during undergrad. With that being said, it is my dream to attend t14 school. Since i am in new Jersey my only option would be either seton hall or rutgers. However, i am aiming for biglaw and would want to transfer. Is this possible if i maintain a 3.7,3.8 gpa during 1L?
Thank you
Last edited by dwighthoward786 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mullens

Silver

Re: Rutgers to T16?

Post by Mullens » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:31 pm

dwighthoward786 wrote:I have a uGPA of 3.0 and writing my LSAT in October. As you can see my uGPA is too low for any t16 school because of my mom being paralyzed during undergrad. With that being said, it is my dream to attend t16 school. Since i am in new Jersey my only option would be either seton hall or rutgers. However, i am aiming for biglaw and would want to transfer. Is this possible if i maintain a 3.7,3.8 gpa during 1L?
Thank you
You can't post in the transfer forum until you have at least one semester of law school grades.

You could still get into a T16 school, whatever that means, with a 3.0 uGPA.

You should not attend any law school planning to transfer.

You should not attend Rutgers or Seton Hall hoping to get biglaw.

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:42 pm

WTF is t16? Its t13 nerd.

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Anything's possible, but it's not a likely outcome. You shouldn't go anywhere intending to transfer. Plus, I think you may be severely underestimating the difficulty of getting a 3.7+ gpa on a 3.0 1L grading curve.

sanzgo

New

Post by sanzgo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 pm

dwighthoward786 wrote:I have a uGPA of 3.0 and writing my LSAT in October. As you can see my uGPA is too low for any t16 school because of my mom being paralyzed during undergrad. With that being said, it is my dream to attend t16 school. Since i am in new Jersey my only option would be either seton hall or rutgers. However, i am aiming for biglaw and would want to transfer. Is this possible if i maintain a 3.7,3.8 gpa during 1L?
Thank you
yup it's totally possible to transfer into a t16 if you have a 3.7-8 from rutgers/seton.

if you don't get high grades and graduate median> from rutgers/seton hall with six figure loans, you're fucked.

gamble wisely my friend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gunner19

New

Post by Gunner19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:31 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=263423

Read that entire thread

Edit to add: Read that entire thread while ignoring everything OP says

DolnaRay

New

Re: Rutgers to T14?

Post by DolnaRay » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 am

A T14 is not impossible with a 3.0 ugpa, if you can manage to get a 170+ in LSAT. You are unfortunately not eligible for HYS and CCN but a lot of T14 and T20 schools would take you in. All the best

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Rutgers to T14?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:35 am

Please take a look at the rules for this forum stickied at the top of the front page. No one can ask about transfer chances until having at least one semester of law school grades.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Transfers”