What schools do I have a shot at? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Incognito11

New

What schools do I have a shot at?

Post by Incognito11 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:47 am

Currently 4.0 top 1% at a TTTT in Chicago.

While I do love Chicago, I wouldn't mind living in a different city. I also wouldn't mind staying.
I hope to get a job in big law.

With this being said, realistically, what is the highest ranking school I have a chance at getting into?

Thanks everyone in advance!

ladybug1989

Bronze

Re: What schools do I have a shot at?

Post by ladybug1989 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:34 am

Incognito11 wrote:Currently 4.0 top 1% at a TTTT in Chicago.

While I do love Chicago, I wouldn't mind living in a different city. I also wouldn't mind staying.
I hope to get a job in big law.

With this being said, realistically, what is the highest ranking school I have a chance at getting into?

Thanks everyone in advance!
Apply to CCN and the rest of T-14. CCN are reaches. Have a chance at Duke and Penn. Likely in at Northwestern, Berk, Michigan, Cornell (no OCI). Guaranteed in at Georgetown.

DolnaRay

New

Post by DolnaRay » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:20 am

Chicago TTTT is likely to be John Marshall ...

So if you have a 4.0 GPA there - you'd be a sure shot at Georgetown. According to 2016 509 reports GULC took in about 11 transfers from JM Chicago. Good luck. I'd be surprised if you didn't get in.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 am

DolnaRay wrote:Chicago TTTT is likely to be John Marshall ...

So if you have a 4.0 GPA there - you'd be a sure shot at Georgetown. According to 2016 509 reports GULC took in about 11 transfers from JM Chicago. Good luck. I'd be surprised if you didn't get in.
Please look at the dates of the posts you reply to. Deadlines for applying have long passed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”