OCI / Transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
KijiStewart

Bronze

OCI / Transfers

Post by KijiStewart » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:50 pm

If I am admitted to a T14 after bidding at the respective T14 is over, as a GENERAL RULE, can I participate in OCI at my current OCI, accept the offer (if given) and transfer while keeping the offer?

I know this may depend on the policies of my current TT, but I'd assume the firm wont mind (wouldn't they rather I get a T14 education?)

grades??

Silver

Re: OCI / Transfers

Post by grades?? » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Talk to career services at the t13 school to get yourself added to OCI asap

KijiStewart

Bronze

Post by KijiStewart » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Haven't been admitted anywhere yet.

(Really only considering CCN / MP)

ladybug1989

Bronze

Post by ladybug1989 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:18 am

I know 2 people who did this last year at my T14. Both got accepted to two schools. Did OCI at transfer school 1, got an offer, then realized they wanted to go to transfer school 2. Their firms didn't care, because the 2nd school was better.

KijiStewart

Bronze

Post by KijiStewart » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:47 pm

ladybug1989 wrote:I know 2 people who did this last year at my T14. Both got accepted to two schools. Did OCI at transfer school 1, got an offer, then realized they wanted to go to transfer school 2. Their firms didn't care, because the 2nd school was better.
If I want to maintain a good relationship with school 1, would that be a terrible approach for me to do?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

marcusme

New

Post by marcusme » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:47 pm

No, a firm will not rescind your offer because you transfer to a T14. That would be ridiculous. You're not supposed to double-dip with OCI though. It's frowned upon, even though you could probably get away with it.

KijiStewart

Bronze

Post by KijiStewart » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:52 pm

marcusme wrote:No, a firm will not rescind your offer because you transfer to a T14. That would be ridiculous. You're not supposed to double-dip with OCI though. It's frowned upon, even though you could probably get away with it.
What if I ONLY do School 1 OCI, or do School 1 OCI and do School 2 if I get no offers from School 1 OCI.

marcusme

New

Post by marcusme » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:53 pm

KijiStewart wrote:
marcusme wrote:No, a firm will not rescind your offer because you transfer to a T14. That would be ridiculous. You're not supposed to double-dip with OCI though. It's frowned upon, even though you could probably get away with it.
What if I ONLY do School 1 OCI, or do School 1 OCI and do School 2 if I get no offers from School 1 OCI.
I would do whatever it takes to get an offer.

ladybug1989

Bronze

Post by ladybug1989 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 am

KijiStewart wrote:
ladybug1989 wrote:I know 2 people who did this last year at my T14. Both got accepted to two schools. Did OCI at transfer school 1, got an offer, then realized they wanted to go to transfer school 2. Their firms didn't care, because the 2nd school was better.
If I want to maintain a good relationship with school 1, would that be a terrible approach for me to do?
I don't think so, they won't even remember you. Do everything you can to get a job. You owe nothing to these schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”