Reconsideration? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Reconsideration?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm

I applied to transfer to a school in January. At the time I was not accepted. My grades came up second semester and my overall GPA places me around median for transfer students according to the ABA 509 data for every year the data is available for, except last year in which I would have been lower than the 25%. Is it worth my time to request a reconsideration? Does that ever work?

Additionally, if I do request reconsideration what all should I include? I plan to draft a letter, and include my final transcripts. But should I also include an updated resume? New letters of recommendation?

BAS19

New

Re: Reconsideration?

Post by BAS19 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:11 pm

If you are intent on transferring, why not? How much did your grades come up?

The worst that can happen is they deny your application. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go for it and hopefully your grade improvement will get you where you'd like to be.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 pm

OP here. My semester GPA was .12 higher than first semester which only raised my cumulative GPA .05. I am intent on transferring, due to a need to be in the geographic location. This city has 3 law schools, I was accepted to 2 of them as a transfer (with scholarship) but they're both TTT schools. The one that I wasn't accepted to originally is ranked around 25. So for employment purposes I'd much rather be at the higher ranked one. But considering the other two are offering me higher scholarship than my 1L school and they're in the location that I need, I will be transferring regardless.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:45 pm

OP here. Within 48 hours of requesting reconsideration I received a response. I have now been accepted to the school that had originally rejected me. For those reading this forum in the future, reconsideration can work. In my case I applied in January and requested reconsideration after getting my second semester grades and was accepted. If you really want a school and are not initially accepted as a transfer, request reconsideration, it might pay off.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”