Columbia Transfer 2017

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Transfer2017
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Transfer2017 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Let's get this started!

Archives:
2016: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=265459
2015: viewtopic.php?t=247059

lollollol
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby lollollol » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 am

.
Last edited by lollollol on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BholeTransfer
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby BholeTransfer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 am

Waiting on final LOR then submitting. Anybody know how long the review process is?

lollollol
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby lollollol » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:29 pm

.
Last edited by lollollol on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lollollol
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby lollollol » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 am

.
Last edited by lollollol on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 28991
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Nebby » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:32 am

lollollol wrote:It seems that sometimes they do not update the information on the checker. Received the UR e-mail, but still some boxes unchecked.

Yep. My materials had been there for three weeks before all boxes were checked off. The next day I was accepted

BholeTransfer
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby BholeTransfer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Finally submitted. Now the waiting game begins...

anglo_sh
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby anglo_sh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Nebby wrote:
lollollol wrote:It seems that sometimes they do not update the information on the checker. Received the UR e-mail, but still some boxes unchecked.

Yep. My materials had been there for three weeks before all boxes were checked off. The next day I was accepted


That's a good one :lol:

BholeTransfer
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby BholeTransfer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:05 am

So I got the confirmation email and checked my status. I sent the dean's appraisal in May but the box isn't checked. Should I be worried?

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 28991
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Nebby » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:30 am

BholeTransfer wrote:So I got the confirmation email and checked my status. I sent the dean's appraisal in May but the box isn't checked. Should I be worried?

You got confirmation they recieved it? If not then call to confirm they have it. They don't update the status checkers very often.

BholeTransfer
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby BholeTransfer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:36 am

Nebby wrote:
BholeTransfer wrote:So I got the confirmation email and checked my status. I sent the dean's appraisal in May but the box isn't checked. Should I be worried?

You got confirmation they recieved it? If not then call to confirm they have it. They don't update the status checkers very often.


Never got confirmation so I will call. Did you get confirmation?

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 28991
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Nebby » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:38 am

BholeTransfer wrote:
Nebby wrote:
BholeTransfer wrote:So I got the confirmation email and checked my status. I sent the dean's appraisal in May but the box isn't checked. Should I be worried?

You got confirmation they recieved it? If not then call to confirm they have it. They don't update the status checkers very often.


Never got confirmation so I will call. Did you get confirmation?

I called whenever I wanted confirmation. I transferred to CLS in 2014. They do not update their status checkers like other schools. Just call to confirm they have all your materials.

BholeTransfer
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby BholeTransfer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 am

Nebby wrote:
BholeTransfer wrote:
Nebby wrote:
BholeTransfer wrote:So I got the confirmation email and checked my status. I sent the dean's appraisal in May but the box isn't checked. Should I be worried?

You got confirmation they recieved it? If not then call to confirm they have it. They don't update the status checkers very often.


Never got confirmation so I will call. Did you get confirmation?

I called whenever I wanted confirmation. I transferred to CLS in 2014. They do not update their status checkers like other schools. Just call to confirm they have all your materials.


Will do, thanks!

lollollol
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby lollollol » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:29 pm

.
Last edited by lollollol on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BholeTransfer
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby BholeTransfer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:34 pm

lollollol wrote:
Nebby wrote:
BholeTransfer wrote:
Nebby wrote:
BholeTransfer wrote:So I got the confirmation email and checked my status. I sent the dean's appraisal in May but the box isn't checked. Should I be worried?

You got confirmation they recieved it? If not then call to confirm they have it. They don't update the status checkers very often.


Never got confirmation so I will call. Did you get confirmation?

I called whenever I wanted confirmation. I transferred to CLS in 2014. They do not update their status checkers like other schools. Just call to confirm they have all your materials.


So what if I've received the complete and UR e-mail, but the checker still won't show the certificate? Should I call them? :| Thanks!


Called earlier today and they said sit tight for a few days, most likely because I just applied yesterday. Depending on your timeline, it might be worth a call.

lollollol
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby lollollol » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:50 pm

.
Last edited by lollollol on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bartolomeus
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Bartolomeus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:30 pm

They're really not great at the whole updating the checker thing. Why even have it at this point

Ozbert
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Ozbert » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:33 am

Hey Nebby and any other CLS alum, can you tell us a little about your experience after you transferred? How did EIP go for you and the other transfers? Did any transfers make it onto any journals? Sorry if you've already addressed this elsewhere; I'm a little late to the tls party.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby NoDayButToday » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:17 pm

I have talked to two friends who got in this week, one from T14 and one from T30. Don't know other stats.

BholeTransfer
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby BholeTransfer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:05 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:I have talked to two friends who got in this week, one from T14 and one from T30. Don't know other stats.


Any chance you could get some info on their timeline / method of notification?

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 28991
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Nebby » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:46 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:I have talked to two friends who got in this week, one from T14 and one from T30. Don't know other stats.

Damn, this early? I find it hard to believe no one has posted about it ITT themselves.

Bartolomeus
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Bartolomeus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:36 pm

If these peeps really were admitted already, horrifying...

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby NoDayButToday » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:15 pm

I think one submitted in the first week of June. Does seem quite early, but there you have it.

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 28991
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby Nebby » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:54 pm

There's no one in the CLS Transfer c/o 2019 group except current students. I just messaged the group admin to inquire if acceptances have gone out

documentingtransfer
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Columbia Transfer 2017

Postby documentingtransfer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Made an account to help with transfer statistics. Accepted 6/23. Top 5% T1.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.