Transfer to UT Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer to UT

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:14 pm

I attend a school in the range of ND,BU,Emory and I'd like to transfer to UT.

The 2016 ABA transfer data lists UT's 25th percentile 1L GPA as 3.34. That is my exact my gpa. Is it worth it to apply? Or will I most likely be rejected since UT moved up to 14 and I've heard that they will be accepting less transfers.

law9898

New

Re: Transfer to UT

Post by law9898 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Transfer admission questions are difficult to answer because no one really knows what specific criteria law schools are looking for. But from my experience (UT transfer myself), I think you have a decent shot at getting in. Although I don't know if their plans have changed drastically regarding transfer policies. It seemed to me that UT was pretty willing to take transfers from peer(ish) schools with decent grades.

On the question of whether it's worth it to apply, absolutely. If you want to attend UT with the goal of working in Texas then why would you not? Obviously there are other concerns to think about should you be accepted but you can deal with those when they arise. If you are serious about potentially accepting admission to UT then I would get an app together just so you won't regret not even trying.

Anonymous User

Re: Transfer to UT

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:18 pm

I appreciate the feedback! You're right, I might as well apply since I want to be in Texas and would like to practice transactional law. I regret not building great relationships with my core class professors for letters of rec purposes, but I'll try to get the best letters of rec possible.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”