Summer Classes at old law school and transferring. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Summer Classes at old law school and transferring.

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Has anyone taken summer classes after their 1L year at their old law school before transferring the following year?
- Do summer classes count as credits for transferring? Anything else I should know that is important?

nrthwst4now

New

Re: Summer Classes at old law school and transferring.

Post by nrthwst4now » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone taken summer classes after their 1L year at their old law school before transferring the following year?
- Do summer classes count as credits for transferring? Anything else I should know that is important?
Check your incoming schools requirements on credits. They may/ will likely have a limit on what you can take with you...

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 pm

I don't know of any schools that will let you transfer more than 31 credits. Taking the class isn't worth it.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 am

All of the advice in here is sound (although I know at least one "T-14" that has a 32-hour cap).

I did an externship with a state appellate judge during 1L summer and got credit for it, but lost 1 of those hours to my transfer school's credit cap. My transfer school required 1 less hour to graduate, so it all came out in the wash, but I was still out tuition for that semester hour I lost.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

HamNewton

New

Post by HamNewton » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Took two summer courses then transferred. Had 36 credits from the old school and all of them transferred, but obviously this will differ depending on the school you transfer to. But definitely worth it if all the credits will transfer, it significantly eased my 2L schedule

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”