T50 transfer to T14 with T30 safety

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

T50 transfer to T14 with T30 safety

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:57 pm

Hello,

I'm wondering what my chances are for ED at CLS, GULC, and USC, and whether I should wait for spring instead of applying ED.

At a T50 between top 15-20%, goal is big law in large city. Looking to safety at a T30 in a big city.

Thanks
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

habeas2210

Bronze

Re: T50 transfer to T14 with T30 safety

Postby habeas2210 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 am

Don't think you have ED chance at any of those schools...

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Postby foregetaboutdre » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Based on my cycle - I'd say it's really on worth applying early to USC/GULC. I think you have a shot at USC. Probably not much at GULC.

Where do you want to practice?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:57 am

Does anyone know if the averages on the 509s matter more than class rank? I'm well in the upper or average median for most schools I am looking at in the T14s, but class rank is not stellar.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:00 am

foregetaboutdre wrote:Based on my cycle - I'd say it's really on worth applying early to USC/GULC. I think you have a shot at USC. Probably not much at GULC.

Thanks for the info - I prefer SF, Boston, or NYC. How about you?

what were your stats etc. for your cycle?

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Postby foregetaboutdre » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
foregetaboutdre wrote:Based on my cycle - I'd say it's really on worth applying early to USC/GULC. I think you have a shot at USC. Probably not much at GULC.

Thanks for the info - I prefer SF, Boston, or NYC. How about you?

what were your stats etc. for your cycle?

I had similar stats as you - but from a slightly higher ranked school.

I ended up transferring to a Vandy/ND/USC in my home market (e.g. "super regional") and am extremely happy because I want to practice in that market. I applied three places (e.g. top 15-25s) and my alma-matter (which is a T14 law school and didn't get in there).

I asked where you want to practice to help determine what schools would be a good choice for you. SF and Boston are tough because with your stats Harvard and Berkeley/Stanford are probably out of reach. NYC opens some doors.... I'd try to keep grades up and try GULC if I were you. You could gun hard for NYC and put in a flier at a Boston/SF firm (esp. if they're your hometown).

ABA 509 reports IME are dead on accurate. To me, GPA was determinative, not class rank. (May be different when applying to Harvard).

Return to “Transfers�