Georgetown transfer with only 2 reported grades?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Georgetown transfer with only 2 reported grades?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:58 am

School doesn't rank until the end of the year, but I got two A's (A is the highest grade possible). However, my TTT is one of those schools that only give out 2 full grades first semester (3 "year long" classes) in order to deter transfers. Georgetown website says they require at least 3 reported grades to consider EA. Anybody happen to know if they really enforce this requirement? Worth throwing an app anyway? Was anybody able to EA with less than 3 reported grades?

Re: Georgetown transfer with only 2 reported grades?

Postby RaceJudicata » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 am

That's some pretty fucked up shit.. does Chicago have the same requirement for their early decision transfer? If not, give that a shot.

Postby browniestasty » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:20 pm

I would just ask the admissions officers. I mean it can't hurt. There is non-zero chance you will not finish strong and these two As are your ticket to slip through the cracks.

Please don't take this the wrong way. This is just a recognition that shit happens so if you will be happy with Georgetown/Chicago/some other EA and don't feel strongly about aiming for 4.0 and the holy trinity, then give it a shot.

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Just came to say that 1) that's shitty, and 2) a Chicago ED acceptance with only two grades seems highly unlikely.

Return to “Transfers”