targeting at transfer to TOP 14, should be begin with LLM or AJD?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
wuwanlu

New

targeting at transfer to TOP 14, should be begin with LLM or AJD?

Postby wuwanlu » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi guys,

I am a foreign student who also is a permanent resident in u.s, and I hope to practice law in the United States. I am currently applying for llm and accelerated Jd in several law schools, and admitted by some law schools. Since I am targeting at transferring to top 14 ultimately, should I begin with a TOP 14 llm and then transfer to JD? I know it's pretty hard, for one thing, I have to be the top 5, and some TOP14 do not accept LLMs to transfer to their law schools. Another option is to start with an AJD student, and then after the first year, try to transfer to TOP 14. My questions are,

1.Should I attend llm at top 14 and then transfer to Jd. I am supposed to take lsat. I am not sure I can get strict As, neither to get high lsat score.
2.should I begin with the ajd program in Arizona law, the school I currently admitted (ranking at 40 in U.S NEWS)? Because the first year courses and curricula are the same with the regular Jd students, will this give me better chance to be admitted? I also need to take lsat. I am still not sure I can do strict As and high lsat score, even though I definitely do my best in both.
3 as the situation like me, is that a low lsat score jeopardizes my chance to be admitted?

Because some private problems, I cannot stay a year gap to take lsat. I am 35 years old, and have two babies to take care of. I have to maximize my chance to get a big law, because three or four years later, my daughters will have to start their primary school.So, I have to plan ahead.

Thank you for your advice!

Alicia

wuwanlu

New

Re: targeting at transfer to TOP 14, should be begin with LLM or AJD?

Postby wuwanlu » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:32 pm

by the way, currently I did not take LSAT, because the accelerated JD do not require a LSAT score. I have also applied to two other schools for the accelerated JD, for did not hear back from them.

guynourmin

Gold

Re: targeting at transfer to TOP 14, should be begin with LLM or AJD?

Postby guynourmin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:02 pm

0Ls should not be posting questions here.

Return to “Transfers�