Transfer OCI Strikeout Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer OCI Strikeout

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:33 am

Transferred from low T2 into T14 [MVPB]. Strong resume w/ good legal experience. Like to think of myself as a normal person, personable, well-spoken. Definitely not weird or awkward. Have good answers to all the regular law-related interview questions.

Have lit and corp experience, and I know I want to do lit, so I told each OCI interviewer I was leaning toward lit [bid all firms with strong lit depts]

However, it's been a week and I've received 0 callbacks. I bid conservatively too.

Is it just me or are other transfers feeling the same way -- that youre still viewed as a low T2 [or whatever] student, and not as a student at your current new school?

Didnt really think strikeouts happened at higher T14s. I've also mass-mailed like 50 firms with no luck.

What to do? I feel like Mass mail has been especially ineffective this season, given TLS posters.

jphiggo

Bronze

Re: Transfer OCI Strikeout

Post by jphiggo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:37 am

If your OCI was last week, it's too early to think you've struck out. It is not unheard of to receive callbacks a couple of weeks after OCI. Keep mass mailing, as well. Until you have an offer in hand, there's really nothing you should be doing other than hustling.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:01 am

jphiggo wrote:If your OCI was last week, it's too early to think you've struck out. It is not unheard of to receive callbacks a couple of weeks after OCI. Keep mass mailing, as well. Until you have an offer in hand, there's really nothing you should be doing other than hustling.
Yeah, this is right.

Also, feel free to PM me. I have experience in this situation.

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:13 am

Just keep applying and waiting. Too early to think you've struck out. I transferred from a TT to a T20 school, and I got 3 callbacks today after only getting one during OCI week. Also, I got my first offer from a V50 firm. I don't think a lot of firms will think of you as still being at your old school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”