CCN -> HYS Transfers?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CCN -> HYS Transfers?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:49 pm

I've noticed that there are about 5/6 of these a year. I'm curious specifically because I'm paying sticker for CCN, and it's a LOT of money, probably enough that even doing biglaw could get problematic, and I am in a weird position where the need-based aid policies for HYS would be pretty generous for me. That plus reductions in tuition/COL could save me in the mid five figures by graduation if I made this jump.

Should I plan to attempt it? What kinds of grades are necessary? Obviously, it's no guarantee that I can do it, but I'm curious whether trying to do it would be worthwhile in these circumstances. Has anyone at CCN renegotiated money through using the transfer process?

Also - would this harm me in the firm interview process?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: CCN -> HYS Transfers?

Postby Nebby » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Come back to us when you've a 1L GPA above 3.5

WheninLaw

Silver

Postby WheninLaw » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've noticed that there are about 5/6 of these a year. I'm curious specifically because I'm paying sticker for CCN, and it's a LOT of money, probably enough that even doing biglaw could get problematic, and I am in a weird position where the need-based aid policies for HYS would be pretty generous for me. That plus reductions in tuition/COL could save me in the mid five figures by graduation if I made this jump.

Should I plan to attempt it? What kinds of grades are necessary? Obviously, it's no guarantee that I can do it, but I'm curious whether trying to do it would be worthwhile in these circumstances. Has anyone at CCN renegotiated money through using the transfer process?

Also - would this harm me in the firm interview process?

Sure, you can try. You may be able to get your current school to bump your scholarship with a HYS acceptance. You'll probably need to be top 15% or so, but that's a big guess.

No, it's not going to harm you.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Users aren't allowed to post in the transfer forum until they have 1L grades. And I can't move this to Ask a Grad because you're anon, so I'm locking. Feel free to re-ask there.

Return to “Transfers�