Loyola LA (50% 2yrs) vs. USD(25% 1yr) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

USD 25% 1 yrs, LMU 50% 2 yrs

USD
33%
Loyola
67%

Total votes: 6

rudejudethedude

New

Loyola LA (50% 2yrs) vs. USD(25% 1yr)

Post by rudejudethedude » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:56 pm

TLS, i need some serious advice.

I have recently been admitted to Loyola in LA with a 50% scholarship for two years. (low contingency top 75% to keep)
I was pretty set on transferring to USD with the 25% for 1 year scholly they offered me, but now I'm seriously rethinking this.

I want to get into big law (for tax so either big 4 or big law) and I know i've missed first round OCI for both schools, but I think with my resume I can send it out and hopefully get some call backs.

I'm originally from LA, and planned on working either in LA or SD depending on the job offers. I would also be able to live at home if I go to loyola so I would be saving a ton of money in housing. I am already 72k deep since I had to pay back my scholarship to CWSL.

What are your thoughts?? I need to make a decision very soon. I'd also like to add that I really like living in SD and I have a solid group of friends in both cities.

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Re: Loyola LA (50% 2yrs) vs. USD(25% 1yr)

Post by eyeofvigilence » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:34 am

What'd you end up doing?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”