Transfer from Brooklyn to Fordham?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer from Brooklyn to Fordham?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm looking for some insight on what to do.

I recently got accepted to Fordham to transfer this coming fall and I'm leaning towards transferring.

My stats from Brooklyn: 3.466 GPA, Top 30%, Journal of Law and Policy, E-board of a club, $12-17K/year in scholarship. I want to do big law and Fordham is definitely better for placement.

Is transferring worthwhile?

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Re: Transfer from Brooklyn to Fordham?

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm looking for some insight on what to do.

I recently got accepted to Fordham to transfer this coming fall and I'm leaning towards transferring.

My stats from Brooklyn: 3.466 GPA, Top 30%, Journal of Law and Policy, E-board of a club, $12-17K/year in scholarship. I want to do big law and Fordham is definitely better for placement.

Is transferring worthwhile?

I do not think transferring to Fordham here would affect your ability to get biglaw for next summer. On the other hand, your scholarship isn't that great and you can probably get LR or another secondary journal at Fordham (not sure on their policies). Could be worth it, maybe.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:04 pm

Fordham's policy for LR is that you have to either (1) be on LR or (2) rank in the top 25% at your previous school. And agreed my scholarship isn't stellar, so that's why I believe that the value added in transferring will be worthwhile in the long run.

miro

New

Postby miro » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:57 pm

It's my understanding that transfers to Fordham are not able to participate in OCI, which would make getting biglaw harder.

Return to “Transfers�