Intent to Enroll form without Deposit at Berkeley

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Intent to Enroll form without Deposit at Berkeley

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:00 pm

I signed an intent to enroll for Berkeley out of fear of letting the offer expire without a comparable offer from NYU/Columbia/Upenn (I hadn't heard back at the time.) Now Ive gotten into NYU and I would definitely rather stay in NY. Are the intent to enroll forms binding from Berkeley? Has anybody gone back on them? It concerns me because there wasn't a seat deposit required. Any suggestions or input would be awesome thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Intent to Enroll form without Deposit at Berkeley

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:01 pm

This is the language of the form:

I accept admission to Berkeley Law School. I will definitely enroll at Berkeley in August.

(At which point multiple bullets open that state)

- I pledge to abide by the university’s honor code: as a member of the UC Berkeley community, I act with honesty, integrity and respect for others.
- By submitting this Statement of Intent to Register, I certify that I understand and will meet any requirements specified in my admission letter and that the statements on this form are true and complete.
- I will decline all offers from other schools but understand that I may remain on waiting lists. I agree to notify the Admissions Office if my plans change subsequently so as to affect my enrollment in August.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Postby estefanchanning » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:05 pm

You can withdraw, it's fine. Just let them know. Per the ABA guidelines (and Berk emphasized this somewhere also, I forgot where), no school can make their offer contingent on you withdrawing your apps at other schools. You may keep pending applications until you find out an answer.

jd677242

New

Postby jd677242 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:15 pm

estefanchanning wrote:You can withdraw, it's fine. Just let them know. Per the ABA guidelines (and Berk emphasized this somewhere also, I forgot where), no school can make their offer contingent on you withdrawing your apps at other schools. You may keep pending applications until you find out an answer.

Thank you so much!

Return to “Transfers?