Do schools add your e-mail/LOCI to your file? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Do schools add your e-mail/LOCI to your file?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:50 am

Hello,

I have e-mailed this school two times in the last two weeks - once to express my continued interest and another to let them know that I've just received some award from my current law school. However, I have not gotten any response back from them. I know it's a very busy time in the admissions office, but it would be nice to know that my e-mails are not going into their spam folder.

Do admissions office usually put your e-mail into your file so they can review it later?

Thank you!

goodman1

New

Re: Do schools add your e-mail/LOCI to your file?

Post by goodman1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:46 am

I know the T1 schools I applied to do. I was even expressly told by the assistant dean of admissions that every time you email a LOCI, it goes straight to your file, and it shows them interest.

But don't do it too much. Don't want to piss off adcom. They have to read all the junk you send them. Also, bad idea to tell another school's adcom that you've been awarded at another school because you're pretty much telling adcom, "Hurry up, I already am good to go at the other school and am ready to commit." I mean what other purpose could you have? Adcom won't hurry up just because the other school is giving you money. They could care less. At the end of the day, it is you who wants to go there.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Do schools add your e-mail/LOCI to your file?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:44 pm

This is the transfers forum. If someone gets an award from their current school I think they absolutely should update the schools they're looking to transfer to - it's not the same as getting money from another school you're applying to as a 0L.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”