Please advise- moving state for T1 (rank 20s) from T4

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Please advise- moving state for T1 (rank 20s) from T4

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:00 am

Moving to Emory from T4.

1. How hard is it to go to a different state school and take the bar in the other? All of my experiences and job offers would come from the school's state and I may need two licenses?

2. Is it worth moving to T1 for rank and status when ultimately I want to stay in CA to practice?

3. Did anyone drive 3 days (31 miles) to a different state for school? How hard was it- alone?

4. What is the law review write on competition like? You write a brief memorandum and that is all? In few days when i did that in four months during my 1L and still got a B?!
And use that same law review memo for mock/moot try out?

I will be transferring for more options, whether it'd be govt work or biglaw.

the-american-guy

New

Re: Please advise- moving state for T1 (rank 20s) from T4

Postby the-american-guy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:3. Did anyone drive 3 days (31 miles) to a different state for school? How hard was it- alone?

This is rather anecdotal but I saw this question floating around without an answer, so I figured I would throw this in.

A friend of mine drove cross country - it may have taken four days - to move out to her graduate school. She went with her boyfriend, but both of them took separate cars so they ended up doing the boring part, actually driving, alone. She said that it was definitely grueling, but she actually took it as an opportunity to see a few sights along the way that she wouldn't have seen otherwise and they mapped the whole thing out before they left. She said she wouldn't want to do it again, but I think she ultimately enjoyed it.

So, if you have a little bit of time and you don't mind staying in a few odd hotel rooms by yourself, I think its definitely do-able. You probably have to sort of resign yourself to the driving, and maybe throw in a few sights here and there - if there's anything you can think of that you might want to see along your route - just to make it interesting. I may end up doing a similar drive in the opposite direction alone, so I know it seems rather daunting.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Re: Please advise- moving state for T1 (rank 20s) from T4

Postby NoDayButToday » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:28 am

Return to “Transfers�