UChicago Transfer 2016 ED Deferrals

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dajdaj23

New

Re: UChicago Transfer 2016 ED Deferrals

Postby dajdaj23 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Agreed.. Their OCI bidding starts today, so it's pointless to hold onto any hope beyond this week...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Uncle Jack Kelly wrote:
dajdaj23 wrote:Anyone else get anything?

Tomorrow is the last day I hold onto any hope. The second set of admissions came out the day after the first rounds deposit was due. So if 1:00pm tomorrow rolls around with nothing I think it's time to toss in the towel

Called in today to ask if they can give an estimate about when these decisions will come out.. Person sounded surprised that there are decisions that haven't gone out and then said as of now there is no timeline...

It's official, I'm done worrying about this. GT here I come.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:19 am

Anyone feel like nagging them for an answer?

Uncle Jack Kelly

New

Postby Uncle Jack Kelly » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone feel like nagging them for an answer?

I called the other day and got the same soon response. Just end my misery please

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:45 am

Uncle Jack Kelly wrote:

I called the other day and got the same soon response. Just end my misery please

I'm just assuming I've been dinged and moving on with my not-good-enough-for-Chicago life.

dajdaj23

New

Postby dajdaj23 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:16 pm

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:
Uncle Jack Kelly wrote:

I'm just assuming I've been dinged and moving on with my not-good-enough-for-Chicago life.

This might be far fetched, but technically the deadline to turn in our first year transcripts was July 1st. Their website says that, typically, it may take 6 to 8 weeks from the moment your application is complete for the school to issue a decision. Therefore, if we are assuming for the purposes of our applications that they were not complete until the law school received our first year transcripts, then some of our decisions may not be released until mid August at the earliest--depending on when the school received the applicant's first year transcript.

This may explain why most of the RD people got their decisions way before ours since their applications are likely to have gone complete before ours. Afterall, the RD deadline was June 15, while ours was July 1st. That said, I realize some ED applicants who were deferred have stated that they received a decision with the RD wave.. so at best, this is a wishful analysis.

I think I'm going to hold on until early August, since it took them 4 weeks to release RD decisions.
Here's for a wishful analysis.. lol :D

Uncle Jack Kelly

New

Postby Uncle Jack Kelly » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 pm

dajdaj23 wrote:
EncyclopediaOrange wrote:
Uncle Jack Kelly wrote:

This might be far fetched, but technically the deadline to turn in our first year transcripts was July 1st. Their website says that, typically, it may take 6 to 8 weeks from the moment your application is complete for the school to issue a decision. Therefore, if we are assuming for the purposes of our applications that they were not complete until the law school received our first year transcripts, then some of our decisions may not be released until mid August at the earliest--depending on when the school received the applicant's first year transcript.

This may explain why most of the RD people got their decisions way before ours since their applications are likely to have gone complete before ours. Afterall, the RD deadline was June 15, while ours was July 1st. That said, I realize some ED applicants who were deferred have stated that they received a decision with the RD wave.. so at best, this is a wishful analysis.

I think I'm going to hold on until early August, since it took them 4 weeks to release RD decisions.
Here's for a wishful analysis.. lol :D

You have more faith than I do haha. And I didn't see anyone who got deferred receive an acceptance, was it in the main thread?

dajdaj23

New

Postby dajdaj23 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:40 pm

I saw only one, Cheddar Arachnid

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:32 pm

*Crickets Chirping* here .. anyone hear anything else?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Back under review today...!!

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:17 pm

DING DING DING. Finally, some closure.

Return to “Transfers�