Cardozo vs. Fordham

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cardozo vs. Fordham

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:06 pm

I am a transfer, I got into Cardozo. I am waiting for my decision from Fordham. I need to know the pros and cons of both schools.

clshopeful

Bronze

Re: Cardozo vs. Fordham

Postby clshopeful » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:11 pm

didnt you already make a post about this lol? Anyway, I don't know much about either, but everyone knows Fordham is a much stronger school, so I'd go there.

browniestasty

Bronze

Postby browniestasty » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Fordham people are super high strung, all fighting to get in the top 20 some% to secure Biglaw.

Cardozo people are much more easy going although they get even fewer Biglaw offers.

bwh8813

Bronze

Postby bwh8813 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Where are you transferring from? What are your objectives? As a transfer, I'm assuming you'll be paying sticker? Neither are worth sticker unless coming from a school with nearly zero job prospects.

Pomeranian

Bronze

Postby Pomeranian » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:45 am

Personally I don't think it's worth shelling out 200k to transfer to either, assuming transfers don't get scholarship assistance. You will need big law to service this debt.

Also, I've heard Fordham blocks transfers from participating in some of the OCI interviews weeks, making big law it even harder to get.

MurdockLLP

Bronze

Postby MurdockLLP » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:41 am

browniestasty wrote:Fordham people are super high strung, all fighting to get in the top 20 some% to secure Biglaw.

Cardozo people are much more easy going although they get even fewer Biglaw offers.

Neither of the things you said about Fordham is true. But transferring to Fordham likely doesn't make sense for OP, unless they are from outside NY and want to be in NY post grad.

Definitely don't transfer to Cardozo - that will do nothing for you (no real alumni ties to firms).

reasonable_man

Gold

Postby reasonable_man » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:33 am

Op:

What level of school are you attending and in what region?

How much more or less will it cost you, total, to attend Fordham or Cardozo?

Where do you want to practice when you graduate?

What is your current class rank?

What sort of job prospects will you have at you current school (i.e. are you top 2% where top 5 to 6 % can expect to land an SA at a good firm)?

Without this information - no one can give you any sort of reasonably advice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:57 am

I am transferring from Touro, and I am in the top 3%. I have to get out in order to pursue an international law career.

reasonable_man

Gold

Postby reasonable_man » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am transferring from Touro, and I am in the top 3%. I have to get out in order to pursue an international law career.

Obviously a flame.

Good day sir.

Return to “Transfers�