Delete Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Delete

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:32 am

Delete
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Re: Old school transfer issues?

Post by foregetaboutdre » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm currently enrolled in an internship at my school (for units). I got accepted into a t14 and I'll be leaving my current school.

Because I'm leaving early, I'll be receiving a "no credit" for my internship on my transcript. Personally, I don't see the NC being that bad because 1) who's going to look at my old school's transcript, and 2) even if they do, I can explain it.

But my current school made it sound bad, which is making me worry. Hence this topic. Is it bad to have a NC on my transcript?
Yeah I initially agree with you it's NBD, but I'd consider:

Asking if you can retroactively withdraw from the course. (Maybe take it to the Dean of Student Affairs etc...). I think it's pretty unfair that your transcript will look like someones who just didn't show up/complete their internship. Also, would it be possibly finish this class in summer and get a P and then leave the school?

I'd fight a bit to get a P, but the NC isn't terrible. It's kind of lame (tbh) that your current school is passive-aggressively threatening you with a NC due to a transfer.

Redfactor

Bronze

Post by Redfactor » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 am

Try and get the units reduced so you can get credit for 8 units rather than a NC on 12?

This is pretty sleazy if your school is trying to punish you for leaving.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Delete

Post by estefanchanning » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 am

Delete
Last edited by estefanchanning on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

habeas2210

Bronze

Post by habeas2210 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:31 am

estefanchanning wrote:Honestly it's ridiculous. The Deans of Students and the School are both deferring to the Dean of Externships who says if I don't complete the requirements, I'll get a NC. She won't reduce the units and she won't allow a W. And I'll be having to pay the 6K summer tuition.

I feel like going to the media with this. It's very childish and immature.
ATL! Although, this is the exact reason I didn't enroll for externship credit at my current school because I knew I would be transferring and I would be over the transfer hour limit + I didn't want to pay for credit that couldn't transfer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”