Transfers and Mass Mailing?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
houritsu

New

Transfers and Mass Mailing?

Postby houritsu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Anyone have any insights as to what the SOP is for transfers looking to mass mail employers over the summer? Is it better to mail earlier (ie before you have a decision) and update your resume after the fact, or is it better to just wait? Any advice would be appreciated!

tebowtime23

New

Re: Transfers and Mass Mailing?

Postby tebowtime23 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:52 am

houritsu wrote:Anyone have any insights as to what the SOP is for transfers looking to mass mail employers over the summer? Is it better to mail earlier (ie before you have a decision) and update your resume after the fact, or is it better to just wait? Any advice would be appreciated!

I was wondering the same thing.

Mr.F

New

Postby Mr.F » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:15 am

Mass mail as soon as you have your OCI schedule, so that you are hitting all of the firms you don't interview with at OCI. You can start drafting the emails now and save yourself time in July.

barkschool

Silver

Postby barkschool » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Very little downside to start mass mailing as soon as July hits

iwishyoubestluck

New

Postby iwishyoubestluck » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:22 am

Bump. I'm having the same question.
It seems like a consensus here to start mass mailing at the beginning of July.
I'm in at GULC but still waiting on some other schools.
So how should I construct my resume for mass mailing? Should I only put my 1L law school in there, without mentioning GULC (since still waiting on others)?
Thanks! :)

moralsentiments

Bronze

Postby moralsentiments » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:09 am

barkschool wrote:Very little downside to start mass mailing as soon as July hits

Would it not be better to know (a) what school you're transferring to, and (b) what firms you're already interviewing with at OCI before mass mailing?

I've got a list of firms ready for me to mass mail, but I'm not sure where I'm headed yet so I don't want to put my current school name in the cover letter, and also I'm sure some of the firms on my mass mail list are coming to OCI at whatever school I go to, and I'm not sure which ones I will have interviews with.
Last edited by moralsentiments on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Transfer2016

New

Postby Transfer2016 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:11 am

I'm going to wait until I decide where I'm going first. With that being said, when I do pick a school I will mail a lot of firms but hold off on the firms I plan on bidding and send a second round of mail if I do not get interviews with them.

barkschool

Silver

Postby barkschool » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:56 am

moralsentiments wrote:
barkschool wrote:Very little downside to start mass mailing as soon as July hits

Would it not be better to know (a) what school you're transferring to, and (b) what firms you're already interviewing with at OCI before mass mailing?

I've got a list of firms ready for me to mass mail, but I'm not sure where I'm headed yet so I don't want to put my current school name in the cover letter, and also I'm sure some of the firms on my mass mail list are coming to OCI at whatever school I go to, and I'm not sure which ones I will have interviews with.

If undecided--- wait until you accept at a school first

Sorry I haven't paid attn to the transfer deadlines

moralsentiments

Bronze

Removed post...

Postby moralsentiments » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Removed post...

Return to “Transfers�