Northwestern Transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Hopefully they send something tomorrow before the weekend

Ms4life

New

Postby Ms4life » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:25 pm

I know of a few people that were accepted today, myself included, via email.

northwesternhopeful

New

Postby northwesternhopeful » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:32 am

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Is anyone else starting to get a bad feeling for those of us who haven't heard anything? :( I e-mailed admissions with an update to my file this morning, and also inquired about the timeline for remaining decisions. If I learn any valuable information I'll post it here.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:47 am

northwesternhopeful wrote:Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Is anyone else starting to get a bad feeling for those of us who haven't heard anything? :( I e-mailed admissions with an update to my file this morning, and also inquired about the timeline for remaining decisions. If I learn any valuable information I'll post it here.

It sounds to me like maybe half of the admits have come out. There's plenty of time for OCI and journal so don't worry too much.

Lenaea

New

Postby Lenaea » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:02 am

Hi all -

First time poster here. Transfer App complete as of 6/21. I am absolutely dying to know one way or the other.

I would love it if anyone here with comparable stats who have been admitted would give me a holler.

TTTT
Top 1%
Chicago area
10+ years business exp

Thanks. I'll go back to biting my nails.

excusez-moi

New

Postby excusez-moi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:53 am

For those of you who have been accepted, how did you pay the deposit?

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:04 pm

excusez-moi wrote:For those of you who have been accepted, how did you pay the deposit?

They give you log in credentials, then I opted to pay online using my bank account. They also allow you to pay by check.

Irish92

New

Postby Irish92 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:06 pm

I'm still in the wind too. Haven't heard anything. TT 9%, from Chicago.

excusez-moi

New

Postby excusez-moi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:35 pm

KunAgnis wrote:
excusez-moi wrote:For those of you who have been accepted, how did you pay the deposit?

They give you log in credentials, then I opted to pay online using my bank account. They also allow you to pay by check.

Thanks! I was accepted yesterday but have not received anything yet. Did it take a day or two for you?

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:44 pm

excusez-moi wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:

Thanks! I was accepted yesterday but have not received anything yet. Did it take a day or two for you?

Congratulations! Yeah, it took a day or two for me. Just sit tight. I'd reach out to NU students (reddit, TLS, Facebook) as the bidding deadline is the 13th.

excusez-moi

New

Postby excusez-moi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:52 pm

KunAgnis wrote:
excusez-moi wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:

Congratulations! Yeah, it took a day or two for me. Just sit tight. I'd reach out to NU students (reddit, TLS, Facebook) as the bidding deadline is the 13th.

Thanks!! The 13th seems kind of early since the deposit is not due until the 15th.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:54 pm

excusez-moi wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:
excusez-moi wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:

Thanks!! The 13th seems kind of early since the deposit is not due until the 15th.

I don't know but maybe they might extend the deadline. But in any case it's good to be safe, right? Anyway, congratulations and I look forward to seeing you guys there!

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Seeing as there wasn't a facebook page (anyone who finds one feel free to correct me), I have taken the initiative to create one for us. Thought it could be a nice way to socialize and share information.

Here's the link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/279388452 ... marks&_rdr

Irish92

New

Postby Irish92 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:54 pm

I wish they would just give some kind of info already. The stress is unbelievable not knowing if denied, wait listed, or accepted this late in July.

northwesternhopeful

New

Postby northwesternhopeful » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Accepted!!! I didn't get an e-mail but logged into the status checker and it said decision made, so I logged into the letter delivery system and there it was!! For those still waiting it's worth a check, I definitely was not expecting to see an acceptance letter in there!!! :D

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:22 pm

northwesternhopeful wrote:Accepted!!! I didn't get an e-mail but logged into the status checker and it said decision made, so I logged into the letter delivery system and there it was!! For those still waiting it's worth a check, I definitely was not expecting to see an acceptance letter in there!!! :D

Congratulations! Feel free to join the Facebook page ;)

northwesternhopeful

New

Postby northwesternhopeful » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Officially stressed about deadlines. Does OCI bidding really end July 13th? I can't find any information that says this. The transfer deposit isn't due until the 12th, and with having to sit tight waiting for log-in information to even pay the deposit, I'm very unclear about how this is supposed to work!! :shock:

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:16 pm

northwesternhopeful wrote:Officially stressed about deadlines. Does OCI bidding really end July 13th? I can't find any information that says this. The transfer deposit isn't due until the 12th, and with having to sit tight waiting for log-in information to even pay the deposit, I'm very unclear about how this is supposed to work!! :shock:

So when I went to bid, the timeline was from July 7th to July 13th. To be honest though, I think they wouldn't mind extending for you, as the first interview is at August 2nd. Just ask the school.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Sorry for spamming this thread with unrelated inforation but it seems they extended the bidding deadline to July 20th at 3PM CT. Hope that reduces everyone's anxiety.

Dactyl08

New

Postby Dactyl08 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Has NU sent out the bulk of acceptances? I still haven't heard anything and I am starting to get nervous.

Irish92

New

Postby Irish92 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Dactyl08 wrote:Has NU sent out the bulk of acceptances? I still haven't heard anything and I am starting to get nervous.

Apparently from the people in this group, it looks like a good number of people have been extended offers

Irish92

New

Postby Irish92 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Dactyl08 wrote:Has NU sent out the bulk of acceptances? I still haven't heard anything and I am starting to get nervous.

I called yesterday and they should you will have an answer by mid July

Uncle Jack Kelly

New

Postby Uncle Jack Kelly » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:53 am

KunAgnis wrote:Sorry for spamming this thread with unrelated inforation but it seems they extended the bidding deadline to July 20th at 3PM CT. Hope that reduces everyone's anxiety.

Just curious. Where did you see this extension? My deposit is due the 14th and I'm still praying for uChicago

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:27 am

Uncle Jack Kelly wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:Sorry for spamming this thread with unrelated inforation but it seems they extended the bidding deadline to July 20th at 3PM CT. Hope that reduces everyone's anxiety.

Just curious. Where did you see this extension? My deposit is due the 14th and I'm still praying for uChicago

I was sent an email. I could screen cap it for you but I"m at work so maybe later.

northwesternhopeful

New

Postby northwesternhopeful » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:28 am

Uncle Jack Kelly wrote:

The OCI bidding deadline is definitely the 20th, according to the response I received via e-mail just this morning. (It also says so on their transfer page, in the transfer chat room/FAQ thing).

Return to “Transfers�