Chances, T1-> Duke

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bananaphone

New

Chances, T1-> Duke

Postby bananaphone » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:40 pm

So my situation....

I have a 3.62 at GWU, which puts me at about top 16% or so, self calculated. I went to Duke undegrad, and have very strong connections (I started 2 companies there, was part of many entrepreneurship fellowships, am regularly invited to judge the startup challenge, etc). I am working 2 summer jobs (at a law firm, and as general counsel working with startups).

I would have had a higher GPA had it not been for my crim law grade (B-). My computer crashed in my exam :(

This semester has been great though, I did not receive a grade less than A-

So, realistically, what are my chances? Thank you for taking the time.

Other question- GWU is dumb and their scholar designation is from 35-15%. Should I put "self-estimated" 16% next to it on my resume?

Return to “Transfers�