Transfer Interview v. Regular Interview Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer Interview v. Regular Interview

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 17, 2016 3:41 pm

I've done some research on TLS and it seems that regular admissions interviews are much more in depth (or at least ask more/different questions) than transfer interviews.

Anyone have any experience with transfer interviews with T-20 (in particular) schools? I have a couple coming up soon and would love to know if I should prepare more like a regular admissions interview or just cover the "why law," "why transfer school," "do you have questions for me" types of questions.

Obviously I'll prepare well either way but I'm curious about people's experiences with transfer interviews?

Also, what's the consensus, is an interview a good sign? Particularly this early in the cycle?

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Re: Transfer Interview v. Regular Interview

Post by eyeofvigilence » Tue May 17, 2016 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've done some research on TLS and it seems that regular admissions interviews are much more in depth (or at least ask more/different questions) than transfer interviews.

Anyone have any experience with transfer interviews with T-20 (in particular) schools? I have a couple coming up soon and would love to know if I should prepare more like a regular admissions interview or just cover the "why law," "why transfer school," "do you have questions for me" types of questions.

Obviously I'll prepare well either way but I'm curious about people's experiences with transfer interviews?

Also, what's the consensus, is an interview a good sign? Particularly this early in the cycle?
What schools are you interviewing at? I've interviewed with Vandy, Notre Dame, and WUSTL. They were all different styles. Be prepared to answer why that school specifically, why transfer, what you like and dislike about your current school, etc. I didn't interview anywhere pre-law school, so I can't really compare the experience. If you are interviewing with one of the schools I mentioned, PM me and I can fill you in.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue May 17, 2016 9:24 pm

None of the T14 interview

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Nebby wrote:None of the T14 interview

Doesn't Chicago?

Nekrowizard

Bronze

Post by Nekrowizard » Tue May 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Last edited by Nekrowizard on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue May 17, 2016 9:33 pm

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:
Nebby wrote:None of the T14 interview

Doesn't Chicago?
I know they do ED interviews, but assumed OP was asking for regular transfer. Though it's possible Chicago does interviews for regular transfer too

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 17, 2016 11:08 pm

OP here: NU requires an interview for application completion. It's weird though because it's not a Skype interview, it has pre-recorded questions and it just records you answering them. So you can do it whenever you want.

I also have one with a T-20 (UCLA/Vandy/Texas). That one is an actual real person interview.

Thanks for your advice everyone. It seems like transfer interview questions are more focused. Any more advice is always welcome!

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Wed May 18, 2016 12:02 am

I would work in, somewhere in the questions, your stellar credit and ability to take out loans

mister logical

Bronze

Post by mister logical » Wed May 18, 2016 12:12 pm

So I did the interviews for both Vandy and UT and both were informal. They were just curious about why I wanted to transfer etc, pretty standard bunch of questions. The interviewers were great and very nice and I enjoyed the interviews a lot. We just ended up chatting about law school in general and my experience so far. Be prepared to ask a few questions yourself, like "how do transfer fair in OCI?" etc.

Obviously if you're interviewing over Skype, wear a suit, same with in person — be formal and follow cues. I think they were genuinely just checking that you're an okay person. There's absolutely nothing to stress out about with them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”