Transfer Timeline Questions Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
specterdraperaxe

New

Transfer Timeline Questions

Post by specterdraperaxe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:36 am

Last edited by specterdraperaxe on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goldie

Bronze

Re: Transfer Timeline Questions

Post by Goldie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:38 am

I have no answer to the first question.

Regarding personal statements, I wrote one personal statement that I sent to each of the T14 schools I applied to. The first two apps I sent out, I didn't even mention the school's name, much less anything about it. In the final four apps I sent out, I mentioned the school's name, but still nothing about it. I'm not sure whether mentioning the name made a difference either way - I got accepted into 1 of 2 in the first batch, and 2 of 4 in the second batch. And I also don't know what a more tailored personal statement may have done. My impression, though, is that personal statements matter less than hard numbers, but also that a well done personal statement could be a tiebreaker.

Backpacker

New

Re: Transfer Timeline Questions

Post by Backpacker » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:19 am

specterdraperaxe wrote:Does it matter how early you send in your applications given the fact that you have to wait to supplement your second semester grades? Also, for people who got into T14 schools, did you guys tailor your PS to those schools? Appreciate any insight you guys might have
Sent in my applications barely a week before the deadline, once I had my second semester grades.

Applied to 1 HYS, 1 MVPB. Tailored the MVPB and got in, didnt tailor the HYS and was rejected. But, like the above poster said, probably had to do with hard numbers. Had real ties that I highlighted in the tailored essay, which I doubt could ever hurt if you likewise have such to one of the T14.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”