Opinions please! Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Opinions please!

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Hello, I am currently at a very regional top 25 school. The school does amazing within the midwest, but beyond that it really blows. I really don't like the idea of living or practicing in the midwest. I guess I was a bit naive going into law school thinking that the better school was the better choice.

Anyways, I was wondering if transferring to a school that has a better grasp of the area i'd like to work would make sense at this point. I don't think I have the grades to transfer down because I am slightly above median, but I wouldn't mind transferring to a local school in 40s that has a great connection with the area i'd like to work. Would a transfer like this affect my OCI chances?

Return to “Transfers”