Transfer: Georgetown Law - top 2.5% Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
genericlawstudent

New

Transfer: Georgetown Law - top 2.5%

Post by genericlawstudent » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Last edited by genericlawstudent on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

clshopeful

Bronze

Re: Transfer from Georgetown Law

Post by clshopeful » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:28 pm

General consensus here is that transfers pay sticker. H and Y definitely wouldn't give a dime, probably neither would any other T14

Minnietron

Silver

Re: Transfer from Georgetown Law

Post by Minnietron » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:39 pm

clshopeful wrote:General consensus here is that transfers pay sticker. H and Y definitely wouldn't give a dime, probably neither would any other T14
H and Y do not give merit based financial aid. They apportion aid based on need. Thus, you could get financial aid depending on your financial situation. I know H takes your parent's finances into account for students under 29.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

genericlawstudent

New

Re: Transfer: Georgetown Law - top 2.5%

Post by genericlawstudent » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Thank you for the replies. Is there any common knowledge in terms of my chances for the schools I listed?

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:58 pm

genericlawstudent wrote:Thank you for the replies. Is there any common knowledge in terms of my chances for the schools I listed?
top 3% at a T14 gives you a shoe-in at Columbia/NYU. As for H/Y/S, I'd say good chances at H, but Y and S I have no idea.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

juzam_djinn

Bronze

Post by juzam_djinn » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:55 pm

clshopeful wrote:
genericlawstudent wrote:Thank you for the replies. Is there any common knowledge in terms of my chances for the schools I listed?
top 3% at a T14 gives you a shoe-in at Columbia/NYU. As for H/Y/S, I'd say good chances at H, but Y and S I have no idea.
I'd echo this, and also say good chances at YS too (not as good as for H, but not far off)

I'll also note that based on other threads, you've got a lot of competition from georgetown applying for transfer this year...

jphiggo

Bronze

Post by jphiggo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:13 pm

To early to tell. Focus on your studies second semester and knock it out of the park again, which you will likely do. Then discuss.

Arad

Bronze

Post by Arad » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Read your PM.

Longtimecoming19

Bronze

Post by Longtimecoming19 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:49 am

Yale has taken one GULC student per cycle for the past three cycles. I don't know if there is a specific percentage threshold at which you could possibly have a "good" chance, but top 2.5% at GULC is mighty good--it's certainly worth applying. And FYI, I know several YLS transfers who got more money there than at their old school.

stretchedtoothin

Bronze

Post by stretchedtoothin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:11 am

juzam_djinn wrote:
clshopeful wrote:
I'd echo this, and also say good chances at YS too (not as good as for H, but not far off)

I'll also note that based on other threads, you've got a lot of competition from georgetown applying for transfer this year...
There are anywhere from 14-17 kids in the top 2.5%, and Y/S took a total of 1 combined. That doesn't tell you how many people applied/were accepted/ended up going, but assuredly, that number was higher than one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”