Transfer from TT to T10? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer from TT to T10?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:28 pm

I'm currently attending a TT in New England. My GPA for first semester is 3.74--according to a 2L that should be top 5% (rankings are not released until Feb). I pay around 5K in tuition.

I know now I want to settle in VA/DC area where my fiancé and I have solid roots. I also know I want to go the biglaw route. I plan on applying to Georgetown and UVA. What are my chances in getting into UVA? It looks like they do not accept many transfers. Also, is it worth it to pay sticker price and give up the substantial scholarship?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

barkschool

Silver

Re: Transfer from TT to T10?

Post by barkschool » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Great at gulc. UVA is a black box

Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Post by Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Research how transfers do at both schools. My sense is that uva would be worth it but not sure about gtown.

DCESQ

New

Post by DCESQ » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:27 pm

Early Action at GULC for sure (non-binding). UVA is anyone's guess.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:34 pm

CLS and NYU are also options if you maintain top 5% after the Spring semester

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”