Scholarship vs. Transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jdtransfer16

New

Scholarship vs. Transfers

Post by jdtransfer16 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:22 am

Do I have to make a refund for my scholarship from the currently attending law school when I decide to transfer?

I understand it might be hard to generalize some rules about the scholarship a student received when he/she entered the law school. But, I am wondering if law schools specify conditions for transferring students when they offer the scholarship for their entering classes.

BVest

Platinum

Re: Scholarship vs. Transfers

Post by BVest » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:05 am

jdtransfer16 wrote:Do I have to make a refund for my scholarship from the currently attending law school when I decide to transfer?

I understand it might be hard to generalize some rules about the scholarship a student received when he/she entered the law school. But, I am wondering if law schools specify conditions for transferring students when they offer the scholarship for their entering classes.

If you're attending a complete dumpster fire TTTT, then maybe, though who knows if they would actually pursue it. But generally not. As you recognize, this is a rule about the scholarship you accepted, not a universal rule.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goldie

Bronze

Re: Scholarship vs. Transfers

Post by Goldie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:42 pm

I didn't have to refund any scholarship money. I obviously lost future scholarship money, but no past scholarship money.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”