TTT to T1 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

TTT to T1

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:13 am

I know we loathe generalities here, but is this kind of jump generally a good move? Say you're top 15% at a TTT very few have heard of, law review, good WE this past summer, and a decent scholarship ... is it worth giving up law review and a shot at cum laude to go to the Tier 1 (ASU)? Pretty sure I missed OCI at this point.

Johann

Diamond

Re: TTT to T1

Post by Johann » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:14 am

no man not for fucking asu. what school are you at now?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:28 am

OP here. TTT in the PCNW.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:41 am

you want to be in the pcnw or arizona to work? go where you want to be

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 am

OP again: I would like, pipe dream that it may be, to get back to the LA area. Not sure that ASU gets me any closer, but people might take me more seriously as an applicant. I am also interested in government (interned at an agency this summer). I am not sure that the school matters as much for govt as it would for private practice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:04 am

I would probably keep the scholarship. Wouldn't fault you for going Asu. If the goal is government, debt is less meaningful because of PSLF. not a whole lot of difference between 80k and 300k in PSLF jobs. Thing is Asu probably doesn't really flip any scripts there for you like Berkeley would. Any way you slice it, big law is prolly out of the question. Govt jobs is going to be about networking and applying - not so much school name. Asu probably puts you better for jd advantage just because of their career services but you'd know that better me how good your career devices is. For midlaw, if you remain top 10% and law review I like your current school better. For small law firms that's a push and hard to tell because that's all random. So no clear answer I don't think.

If you are really opposed to debt, I'd stay. If you are a little more risk averse and can stomach the debt maybe you go to asu just for the piece of mind of knowing you went for it and did everything you could to get to LA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:15 am

OP: I really appreciate the advice. Obviously I'd like to have as many options as possible, but given my interest in government, and most agencies being less concerned with rankings/tiers, I am leaning toward staying but still somewhat divided (have until end of day to decide).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”