Transfer JD without LSAT!

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
wuwanlu

New

Transfer JD without LSAT!

Postby wuwanlu » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:39 pm

does any one know which law school accept transfer student without a LSAT score?

I am admitted by one of ABA approved law school in the program of two year JD for foreign lawyers. Since I did't take LSAT and won't take it. It's hard to find a school accept someone who without a LSAT score to transfer. I want to transfer to T1 law schools for a better job opportunities.

Any information will be appreciated.

Wuwanlu

Companion Cube

Silver

Re: Transfer JD without LSAT!

Postby Companion Cube » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Are you a 0L? If yes, don't go to law school planning to transfer. If no, I think all of the transfer application deadlines have long passed anyway.

Also fwiw if you want to go to a T1 so badly just take the darn LSAT. Doing well on one test is much more feasible than banking on doing well on seven. Plus, unlike as with 1L, you get multiple shots at it.

ihenry

Silver

Postby ihenry » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:29 am

Retake.

I mean, take.

wuwanlu

New

Postby wuwanlu » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:30 am

Yes! I am 0L, but I don't wanna take LSAT. T20 are just fine for me. I just wanna be regular, so a decent job and a decent pay will be enough;)

Since the location of my school is bad, and the pay there also bad, that's y I wanna transfer :D

BVest

Platinum

Postby BVest » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:39 am

wuwanlu wrote:Since the location of my school is bad, and the pay there also bad, that's y I wanna transfer :D shouldn't be going there in the first place, but I'm going and I won't listen to the sound advice of others who tell me otherwise :roll:
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

lavarman84

Platinum

Postby lavarman84 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:40 am

wuwanlu wrote:Yes! I am 0L, but I don't wanna take LSAT. T20 are just fine for me. I just wanna be regular, so a decent job and a decent pay will be enough;)

Since the location of my school is bad, and the pay there also bad, that's y I wanna transfer :D

How bad of a school is it? TTTT? TTT? TT?

fisheatbananas

Bronze

Postby fisheatbananas » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:31 am

i think you should take the lsat and attend a better school from the start

but if not, you might want to look into going for an LLM since it doesnt require the LSAT

olaf123

New

Postby olaf123 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:09 am

Which school is this? My impression is that the only 2 year JD worth going to is Northwestern. LLMs are generally a waste of time, and anything lower ranked is useless. Just take the lsat

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:48 am

wuwanlu wrote:Yes! I am 0L, but I don't wanna take LSAT. T20 are just fine for me. I just wanna be regular, so a decent job and a decent pay will be enough;)

Just take the LSAT you weirdo

Return to “Transfers�