Mass Mailing 1L or Transfer School Alum? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ezjojo30

New

Mass Mailing 1L or Transfer School Alum?

Post by ezjojo30 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:04 am

Not sure if this should be in the transfer or employment forum but I am just curious when mass mailing I know a lot of people find an Alum partner at the firm they are targeting and mass mail the alum while ccing recruiting. When transferring should you be targeting alum at your transfer school or alum from your 1L? I imagine it should be your transfer school alum but I feel like they may be less inclined to help you out given that you havent even attended their alma matter yet.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Mass Mailing 1L or Transfer School Alum?

Post by trebekismyhero » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:58 am

ezjojo30 wrote:Not sure if this should be in the transfer or employment forum but I am just curious when mass mailing I know a lot of people find an Alum partner at the firm they are targeting and mass mail the alum while ccing recruiting. When transferring should you be targeting alum at your transfer school or alum from your 1L? I imagine it should be your transfer school alum but I feel like they may be less inclined to help you out given that you havent even attended their alma matter yet.
Definitely your transfer school. If you email partners and associates that went to your 1L school they likely will get turned off by you transferring from their alma mater.

You're right they maybe less inclined to help you out since you haven't even attended the school yet, but they'll be more inclined to help than the alums from your 1L school that you're leaving

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”